Plans for V-Ray Material Library Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for V-Ray Material Library Browser

With Chaos Cosmos now offering materials, I wonder what will happen to the V-Ray material library? Plans to merge them in the future or will they stay separate?

If the material library is here to stay, will it still get new materials added?

thanks,

Hi james_cutler ,

That is a very valid question.
    We have plans to merge the existing V-Ray material library to Cosmos in the long run. However, we are still discussing the estimated time of delivery on that.
    Also, there are plans to add new materials to Cosmos.

Is there anything particular that you would like us to add ? We are in the process of gathering user requests.

Regards,
    Kalina Maneva
    Product Manager
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Are the materials in the older browser the same in cosmos? Are there any additional or missing in cosmos compared to the older browser?
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hi Pixelcon,
        The material library in V-Ray for 3ds Max is still there and you can still access all materials shipped so far.
        For a while, Cosmos and the V-Ray Material Library can be used in parallel, until we transfer all materials to Cosmos.

I hope that answered your question.
        Regards,
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by kalina.maneva View Post
          Hi Pixelcon,
          The material library in V-Ray for 3ds Max is still there and you can still access all materials shipped so far.
          For a while, Cosmos and the V-Ray Material Library can be used in parallel, until we transfer all materials to Cosmos.

I hope that answered your question.
          Regards,
          It does, thank you.
          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
          X