Chaos Cosmos Browser Blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos Browser Blank

I'v checked the CB.log, stopped the service, closed max, started the service and started max again. Still doesnt help

When I open cosmos I'm greeted with a blank grey screen. Center top is home, backward, forward and settings only. In settings is only 3 options, non to do with accounts or asset paths

Cosmos is not working again
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

The log has no errors
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Ah wait, now I'm getting a stacktrace error:

{"severity":"error","time":"2021-12-02T17:18:25.310+0300","message":"rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing","stacktrace":"git.chaosgroup.com/galaxy/content-browser/service/api/grpcapi/v1beta2.(*appStateAPIServer)...................... ................

Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

restarting the pc, and then clicking on "home" seems to have fixed it

Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Hi Morne,
          Thanks for letting us know!
          We are aware of the problem and working on a fix which will be deployed soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
          Kalina Maneva
          Product Manager
          Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Same Issue. 3ds Max 2021. Just Updated to vray_adv_52001_max2021_x64.exe and Chaos Browser is Blank grey screen. Ive rebooted. No luck. No errors either.

Comment

Hi all,
              we deployed the fix to that problem. Please restart click on the home button (in the top navigation) or, if that doesn't suffice, restart your host app.

Regards,
              Kalina Maneva
              Product Manager
              Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Getting an error, re-installed latest version (for windows, as I saw a newer one for linux/mac) and restarted pc but didn't fix it:

{"severity":"error","time":"2021-12-29T20:23:55.973+0100","message":"couldn't initialize cache","error":"failed to create driver: file is not a database","stacktrace":"main.(*App).Start\n\tC:/gitlab/builds/xsCDsLbv/0/galaxy/content-browser/service/cmd/cbservice/main.go:394\nmain.InitService.func1\n\tC:/gitlab/builds/xsCDsLbv/0/galaxy/content-browser/service/cmd/cbservice/service.go:204"}
                {"severity":"info","time":"2021-12-29T20:23:55.973+0100","message":"entering troubleshooting mode"}
                {"severity":"info","time":"2021-12-29T20:23:55.973+0100","message":"starting HTTP/2 server","port":"30306","tls":true}
                {"severity":"info","time":"2021-12-29T20:23:55.973+0100","message":"starting HTTP/2 server","port":"30305","tls":false}

Any tips to fix this? Win10, max21, latest vray release

Comment

Hi dean_dmoo ,
                  please contact our support on this link https://support.chaos.com/ and make sure to include the cb.log file in your message (by default it is stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos)

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
                  Kalina Maneva
                  Product Manager
                  Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hi dean_dmoo,

To elaborate further on the the problem you face - it is due to the fact the Chaos Cosmos Browser cannot access the locally installed database.
                    By default the data base fie cpkg.db is installed under C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\Content\Packages and the path to it is specified in file config.json in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos.
                    If the database file doesn't exist on the path specified in the config.json file, the error above shows.

There are two ways to remedy the installation:
                    1) Find where the cpkg.db is, and make sure the path to it in config.json is correct. Also, cpkg.db should be on your local machine and your OS user should have read/write access to it.
                    2) Uninstall Cosmos Browser and delete the whole directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup. Then, install the latest version of Cosmos Browser again.
                    Note that this will delete all assets downloaded so fart and you will have to download them anew.

I hope the above helped.
                    Let me know if you still experience problems.
                    Kalina Maneva
                    Product Manager
                    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                    X