Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant start cbservice.exe

Hi,

I am suddenly getting the "This site can’t be reached" message and I have reinstalled, disabled anti-virus, but cant get connected to the browser.
    One solution was to start cbservice.exe, but I can't get that running at all. It does nothing when running as admin and from cmd.

Any ideas?

all the best,
    Espen

Hello same issue here, imposible to run cbservice.exe. Nothing Happen. Last Max version + last vray version + windows 11 last version.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for reporting this. May I ask you to open support cases here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us and attach the cb.log and config.json in the cases? We will check what might be the problem.

Log and config files are located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos

Comment

Hello.
        I'm a problem too.
        Cosmos window remain blank in 3ds max and in Vantage an error appears that cbservice is unavailable.
        I tried to start cbservice.exe with double click: I see it in my task manager but no exe window starts and nothing seems to happen.
        I've updated to the last licence server version.
        I uninstalled chaos browser.
        I uninstalled vray (5.02 update 2) and reinstalled

After all reinstalling nothing change unfortunately.

Any suggestion?
        Thanks a lot

Matteo

Comment

Hello Pixelpark ,

I'll advise you the same – open support cases here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us and attach the cb.log and config.json in the case. We will check what might be the problem.

Log and config files are located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos

Comment

FYI I had this exact same issue today. To fix it I deleted the .json file in the directory Hristo mentioned above, stopped the Cosmos Service (Start Menu -> Stop Choas Cosmos Browser), started it up (same place), and it now works. It needed logging into and re-configuring again, but all is good
            http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for posting this. This situation is really strange and we will investigate. Can you guys please share with us any details that you remember which might caused this problem? Is there any specific action on your end after which this problem occurred, e.g. Cosmos Browser update, system restart, etc.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by hristo_chakarov View Post
                Thanks for posting this. This situation is really strange and we will investigate. Can you guys please share with us any details that you remember which might caused this problem? Is there any specific action on your end after which this problem occurred, e.g. Cosmos Browser update, system restart, etc.

Thank you!
                Hey hristo_chakarov - I'll share my details that has occurred with me.

Every time I've used the update button in the Chaos Cosmos screen within 3dsMax it breaks (IMAGE ATTACHED)! For some reason my anti-virus kicks in during the update and sees cbservice as a threat. I've had no problem running and using Cosmos with the cbservice and my anti-virus prior to running the update through 3dsMax.

After this happens I can't find the cbservice in the services list anymore, and I can't uninstall Cosmos either because supposedly the update got far enough it deleted the uninstaller (IMAGE ATTACHED).

I installed the latest Vray update in hopes that would repair Cosmos but no dice! I can't remember what hoops I had to jump through to fix this last time this happened, I knew I shouldn't have clicked that update button!

Thanks for any advice, BW

Comment

Hey bwill828 ,

Thank you for the detailed report. Which anti-virus software do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by hristo_chakarov View Post
                    Hey bwill828 ,

Thank you for the detailed report. Which anti-virus software do you use?
                    Thanks for the reply, just to note I have an active ticket that I just successfully completed.

One of my issues I ran into was the Cosmos uninstaller being removed during the install process and not replaced when the anti-virus kicked in. I'm lucky enough to have a 2nd machine with Vray installled so I copied the C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Chaos Cosmos folder to thumb drive and copied the uninstall elements to the problem machine and successfully removed the program. Then I received a stand alone installer from my support ticket and successfully reinstalled Cosmos!

But no one asked about the anti-virus which is Sentinel One (Image Attached). I would suppose this needs to be addressed so when the next update comes we don't keep running into this problem.
                    Attached Files

Comment

bwill828 many thanks for that. We will try to reproduce and add some workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
                        FYI I had this exact same issue today. To fix it I deleted the .json file in the directory Hristo mentioned above, stopped the Cosmos Service (Start Menu -> Stop Choas Cosmos Browser), started it up (same place), and it now works. It needed logging into and re-configuring again, but all is good
                        Saved my day, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
                          (After installing Vray 6, Cosmos stopped on my system...) That solution worked for me. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X