Cosmos Window All Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos Window All Black

At work we're using 3ds Max 2018 and I've tried to open the Cosmos browser but it always shows up black. There are items to click if I hover over areas inside the window, but nothing happens or changes. I've tried reverting back to earlier versions of vray (5.2, 5.21, 5.22, and 5.23) and didn't fix the problem. I've also tried uninstalling and removing the Cosmos folders in Program Files and User folders after stopping the service. I've then downloaded the latest version of Cosmos and reinstalled it. I started the service (cbservice.exe) again as administrator in the Program Files directory (since it is no longer listed in the Services dialogue). It worked once and then I closed the browser only to find when I re-opened it, the browser reverted back to just black with no icons. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

If it's helpful the cb.log has a lot of errors like "couldn't grab icon of importer", "couldn't open process: Access is denied", "couldn't initialize cache", "failed to execute migrations: file does not exist".

Comment

Hey c_bullen ,

We're terribly sorry that you're experiencing issues w/ Cosmos. We will try to reproduce on our end and will update you. In the meantime, can you please try the following:
      1. Install (if you don’t have it) or update to latest version Chrome web browser
      2. Open Chrome web browser
      3. Open http://localhost:30305/?utm_source=v...m=3ds-max-2018
      Let us know if Cosmos UI shows properly. While we find out what's going on, you can use this alternative as a workaround.

Comment

Working...
      X