Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos losing network connection to library

Hi,

Issue: Cosmos doesn't recognise already downloaded assets.

Apparant cause: It looks likes cosmos loses/ignores the connection to the library on the network. In the user settings the path is correct, but re-selecting the download folder will enable it to slowly reload all the downloaded assets.

Max21 / win10 / synology server / latest vray-cosmos

Hey dean_dmoo,

I am not familiar with this synology server. But can you please tell us whether you connect to it via standard network path e.g. \\nameoftheserver\path\to\cosmos\downloads or it emulates a drive on your computer e.g. G:\path\to\cosmos\downloads ?

Comment

Hi,

It's just a nas drive. Adres is setup with a "G:\path\to\cosmos\downloads"

The issue is with my installation at home. At the office, with the same set-up, cosmos is fine.
      Last edited by dean_dmoo; 14-09-2022, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Do you know if this synology server physically downloads & syncs files on your file system, or these files are streamed on demand? If downloaded, do you know if this software deletes rarely used files in order to save disk space, and downloads them on demand? How much free space do you have at home and in the office?

Comment

Hi,

It's setup with the synology cloud service so files get automatically transfered between the NAS at the office and the NAS at home. For example I downloaded most of the cosmos files at home and within an hour or so they are also placed in the same folder at the office. The latest file version gets synced. The NAS's are only used as library folders and have TB's of space left. They aren't set up to delete files automatically to save space, we get a warning message.

Comment

I was asking about the client app (if there is such). Some cloud storage client apps (like iCloud app) delete rarely used files from the FS in order to free up disk space. These files can be seen on the file system, but in order to be read/manipulated they first need to be downloaded. I was wondering if your solution works similar...

Comment

Hi,

"I was wondering if your solution works similar..."

No, it's pretty basic. Do you know which file it would be that causes the issue? I could otherwise look to see if that gets edited for some reason.

Comment

Can you see the downloaded assets when you browse the network download directory?

Comment

Do you mean in windows explorer? If so, everything is present and visible. It's fixed by just re-selecting the folder in the cosmos "assets download folder" menu. That setting is also correct when it doesn't recognise that the library is already downloaded. It's like cosmos doesn't automatically connect to the network drive. At the office we have a bat file using netwizpl to make sure windows always reconnects at startup/login. At home I've never needed it as the drives remain connected.

Comment

Cosmos does not make difference between local and network paths. For Cosmos, what the user puts in the "Assets Download Folder" is simply a path, and Cosmos depends explicitly on the OS in order to save/read files to/from there. If you can use some external mechanism to ensure that you're always connected and the paths are working, maybe this will solve your problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X