No announcement yet.

Assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I understand that part Bobby, but what happened to the original assets? We're they actually deleted from your drive in the normal cosmos folder? Why were they no longer there?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

My asset script didn't move the proxies, and they removed the proxies from the place Cosmos stores them. When I opened the file, the proxies were gone, so my people went away too. Maybe, had my script moved the proxies, it would have been fine. Why my script didn't move the proxies, I don't know.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Ok. We really need clarification on this from Chaos.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Here is the message you'll get now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-28 131345.png
Views:	117
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1176837
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
            Here is the message you'll get now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-28 131345.png
Views:	117
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1176837
            Doesn't that box just mean that it's going to download any missing assets though? Not sure how this relates to Cosmos deleting local assets.

Regarding archiving a project, the standard archive command finds and save the proxies and maps just fine for me. I'm wondering though if you've changed the default Cosmos Assets Download Folder in the Cosmos Settings? I have done this to get them to a network location rather than local and I think this also forces all of the paths to UNC rather than the weird relative paths that I started with (everything was "./packages" or something similar). Trying to even preview the bitmaps in the VRayBitmap preview would do nothing. Maybe this is why whatever script you're using to move them wasn't able to copy them.

Comment

This wasn't avaialble, but they added it recently. Before, the assets were just gone. Now, it seems like it'll pull it from an archive library, or something, and replace it.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hello all,

First of all, please check this reply.

Are you changing naming and/or removing things on each release?
                Yes, this way we can keep multiple versions of the same asset. But if you deleted the older versions and are using older version of V-Ray, this may be the cause for the missing assets. Recent versions of V-Ray detect missing assets and download them automatically.

This is why assets as a service is silly. Things will get removed, just like movies on Netflix.
                Please check the linked reply above. We don’t remove assets unless we must.

They are downloaded, but you need to manually transfer them into your scene folder and archive them with your project if you want to assure future availability.
                Recent versions of V-Ray take care of that.

I would not leave them in a directory controlled by Cosmo or any other online service. They could be removed
                Cosmos does not automatically remove assets from your local harddrive unless you instruct it to.

Sorry? So you're saying that Chaos has not only access to, but control over updating/deletion assets from folders on 'my' hard drive on an arbitrary basis?
                That's not true. You have the full control to delete or update anything.

Yes, all the people I had in my scene were gone, because Chaos removed them from the library.
                That's not true. We haven't removed people assets. Never. So maybe something went wrong on your end. Maybe you manually deleted the assets and you were using older V-Ray plugin that did not handle the automatic download of missing assets yet.

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications. Certainly trying to launch a FUD campaign against Cosmos! Overall the assets have been good, and things have worked fine.

I will still continue to copy everything locally and archive it with the scene, though. This just makes everything easier to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X