Cosmos browser opens and closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos browser opens and closes

Opening the Cosmos browser today in Max and it opens the main window, then immediately closes, then immediately reopens again over and over. It looks like it's logging me in and then back out, but opens and closes so fast you can't click anything.
    Was working fine as recently as yesterday so not sure what the problem is.

SJ

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you please open a ticket using this support contact form. Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail so we can track you issue.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi!
      We have the same problem here - Cosmos Browser Version 2023.10.9 - the browser reloads every ~5s. I can't click anything. I already reinstalled it, removed databases but nothing helped.

We already had the problem in July 2023 but it was gone after an update.

Windows 10, 3dsMax 2024.1 (26.1.0.2270), V-Ray 6.10.08.
      This is a video of the flickering: ccb_flicker.mp4

Hope you can help..​
      www.visionsbox.de

Comment

Hi, I tested the same Cosmos Browser and 3ds Max versions and everything works as expected.
        From your video it is evident that you are not signed in. This is how your Cosmos Browser should look if you are signed in
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-10-26_14-44-18.gif
Views:	124
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	1193919

Logging in might not solve the issue but it is worth trying. For further assistance please open a ticket and choose "Technical Assistance Starting the Product" for request type.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello visionsbox

Could you please try the following solutions and to share the result with us:

Solution 1:
          1. Set the Cosmos Browser in offline mode, by editing the config.json file located here - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
          2. Restart Cosmos Browser by Stop / Start shortcuts in start menu;
          3. Reload Cosmos UI from 3ds Max (or even better restart 3ds Max);

Solution 2:
          1. Stop 3ds Max;
          2. Delete (or temporary move or rename) the following directory C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2024 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\QtWebEngine
          3. Start 3ds Max and test Cosmos Browser;

Comment

Working...
          X