Chaos Cosmos File Recovery Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos File Recovery Message

What do you see in the Cosmos file recovery message from V-Ray 6, Update1?
    It may appear even if the file exists.

Is it possible to save a setting that prevents this message from appearing again on a per-scene basis?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cosmos_recover.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1173601

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

does anyone know?

Which flag in the scene is this message checking? (asset tracking "discovered" status?)

Also, please add a function that can save the setting of whether or not to display this message in the max scene.

oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Comment

Are there any developers who have implemented this?
      Are you able to share information within the Chaos support team?

oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

Hi,

The original intention behind the mislocated assets message is to keep resources (always) bound to their origin at Cosmos,
        so the users can easily transfer only the .max files without the need of packing & keeping several copies of the same (cosmos) resources with each scene.
        Underneath we check if the cosmos assets match your local cosmos resources and fix if necessary.

Still, we probably going to change this and skip asking if the resources are packed, as it appears to be troubling in specific cases.

>> Also, please add a function that can save the setting of whether or not to display this message in the max scene.
        As we will prevent this message from appearing on packed resources, the only case we will show similar message is if any resources are completely missing.
        Will you still need such a functionality?

Best Regards,
        Kostadin

Comment

Thank you for the information.
          The good news is that it adds the ability to skip checking for packed Cosmos resources.
          If the same message is still displayed after pack skipping has been implemented, report it again in this thread.

oakcorp.net
          v-ray.jp

Comment

This is a major problem when you have an already large scene with 250+ Cosmos assets inside. It takes up a lot of time, waiting and bandwidth and yet... the assets are already on my drive. What is going on this, and can we just click No and not have problems?
            Doug
            www.douglasbowker-motiongraphics.com/

Comment

Just adding our voice to this thread. That dialog box is seriously annoying, particularly when I know I have everything pathed and gathered correctly within my project.
              http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X