Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos messes up shaders after redownloading assets

Hi,

I'm having an issues with scenes that use Cosmos Assets when trying to open them on Computers that haven't downloaded the assets yet. In this case after opening I get a message from Cosmos that the some assets are missing and it asks to redownload them.
    After those have been redownloaded the existing shading network is getting messed up.
    The existing shading network is based on the network from Cosmos but has been modified through a BlendMtl to overlay some additional effects. In the process of redownloading the Proxy and Textures Cosmos replaces some of the VRayBitmaps of the modified shader in the scene with VRayBitmaps from the downloaded asset. In my case here for example it replaces all my VRayBitmaps with the BumpMap of the Tire. See attached pictures:
    It's possible to fix it manually by NOT saving the scene, reopening it and manually linking the texture paths and proxy to the place where Cosmos downloaded it earlier.

Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Hi, thanks for posting. I tried to repeat your steps, made a scene, changed the material and save and open on a different PC but it works fine. When you click to download the mesh it gets downloaded and then loaded in your scene trough the existing proxy loader from the saved scene with the material in it.
    I've attached my test scene.

Attached Files
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X