Models imported as Mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Models imported as Mesh

Once Its been imported as Proxy. For some reason Now When I import a model to the scene it comes as Full Mesh . How to change the browser defult setting to import as A proxy (Edges/Faces) automatically ?
    Thanks

Hi, thanks for posting. On import the models come as proxy with the option for visibility set to "show whole mesh". Do you mean this or you are experiencing some other issue, please explain a bit more details?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-06-26_14-31-51.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	1184571

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey,
      I mean that in the past (maybe before one of the last updates), any model I would import from Cosmos would appear as a proxy (not in MESH).
      Now, every model I put into the scene, comes in as a complete MESH and then I have to change it, like in the picture you attached, so that it won't be heavy of course...
      The question is how do I return to the situation where the models entered the scene not as MESH? but automatically as a PROXY Edges/Faces Visibility ?​

Comment

Hi, this depends on how the importer is set up. I wrote an issue (VMAX-13407) for improvements with the eventual possibility for an option in the UI that lets users choose how they want their proxy to import.

Comment

ok thanks
          But why it'd changed by itself ? and can i change it back ?

Comment

I just noticed this also. Previously the default was a proxy and now, since some update it has switched to mesh.
            For me that is fine, as I want meshes as default much of the time, but certainly, if there is a switch to set which is default then that would be great.
            https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hey Chaos,
              Still hadnt got a solution for that issue ....
              Your help pleas

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. The issue is logged in our system. We will notify you when the fix is ready.

Comment

Actually the bug - Cosmos objects importing in 'Show whole mesh' - is already fixed in the stable nightly builds (f.e. https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...e_6.1/20231003).
                  Yavor Rubenov
                  V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks for the clarification yavor.rubenov I meant the eventual development of a button that lets us choose how we want the proxy to be imported. This will be a nice one when it is ready.

Comment

Working...
                    X