Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car brake lights material - Corona

Hi,

Is it normal that all the cars assets provided by "Fisherman3D" vendor doesn't have a red brake lights material when used with 3dsMax and Corona ?
    The render isn't the same as the preview in Cosmos, everything else seems ok.

How is it possible without Vray installed to customize the material file where Cosmos picks his material ?

Thanks for your help.

Hervé

Hi,

I'm not a Corona user myself, so take this with a grain of a salt, but seems like enabling "Thin walled" in the Basic rollout of the CoronaPhysicalMtl, unlocks the "Thin absorption" color parameter which gives the reddish tint of the taillights.
    So you could go over all glass mats and where you see a color in that slot, enable "Thin walled". I'll let the Corona team know about this. Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-13 113845.png Views:	0 Size:	411.2 KB ID:	1185950
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Miro View Post
      Hi,

I'm not a Corona user myself, so take this with a grain of a salt, but seems like enabling "Thin walled" in the Basic rollout of the CoronaPhysicalMtl, unlocks the "Thin absorption" color parameter which gives the reddish tint of the taillights.
      So you could go over all glass mats and where you see a color in that slot, enable "Thin walled". I'll let the Corona team know about this. Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience!

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-13 113845.png Views:	0 Size:	411.2 KB ID:	1185950

Thanks Miro,

I had this, but I'm looking for better solution where the defaults proxys clicked in Cosmos could be properly loaded into our scenes without tweaking the materials everytime we use one of them.
      I presume that the it's a Corona Mat conversion because the preview is OK. I could change all the .VRMesh loaded in the scene, but I haven't Vray at the moment and it would be quite a long operation to open each of them and adapt the Glass Material.

Waiting for someone at Chaos to give us a feedback about it, thanks !

Comment

Hey,

I told the Corona team about this and they already have it in their bug tracker. Just a note - the Corona guys maintain a separate forum for the Corona products and it's a better idea to posts any issues there:
        Chaos Corona Forum - Index (corona-renderer.com)

On another note, you can run this maxscript, which will iterate all CoronaPhysicalMtls and if the refraction amount is above 0, and the absorption color is not white, it will automatically turn on Thin shell. Faster than doing it manually material by material

Code:
        (
            for each in getClassInstances CoronaPhysicalMtl where
                each.refractionAmount > 0.0 and
                each.thinAbsorptionColor != color 255 255 255 and
                each.useThinMode != true do (
                    format "% -> Refraction amount:% and Absorption color:% -> Thin shell set to ON \n" each.name each.refractionAmount each.thinAbsorptionColor
                    each.useThinMode = true
                )
        )​
        Miroslav Ivanov
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
        X