• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey foggy thing between the trees

Hi

3DS Mac 2024
    Vray 6 Update 1.2
    Chaos Cosmos • Build: 2023.08.28-335987
    Forest01 preset for Scatter (Removed some trees)
    Phoenix Ocean displace (not simulation)
    One Vray Sun with VraySky
    One Dome light with HDRI (Day 20 from Cosmos)
    Progressive render sat to 8 min (just for a quick but ok render) - Min sub 1 - Max sub 100 - Noise 0,01

This is my basic setup before I need something serous. Kind of my preview settings. It turns often good enough, but I noticed the last days when using the forst01 preset I get these kind of foggy areas inside the trees. See image. I though it was because I do this low quality render, but then I think it should be all over and not just between some few trees. Do anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

br

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you getting these white spots on the threes around the edges of the Forest areas? It could have some connection the the border clipping options in your forest pack:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-09-07_15-11-32.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1190096

Also how do you create your foam for the water beneath the tree? Could it be some distance texture or anything else that is taking effect over the tree trough the forest pack. One way is like this:

Name:	3dsmax_2023-09-07_15-27-14.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	1190097

And the skater objects become like this:

Name:	3dsmax_2023-09-07_15-28-30.gif
Views:	140
Size:	896.8 KB
ID:	1190098

How do the trees look if you render them outside of the Forest Pack?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Vlado. The "foggy" grey / white spots are at the edge, and inside (it looks like) of the trees. Thanks for answering. I will look more into your answers, but right now I m too busy with a project to look into it, but...
      - I didnt even knew that the forest presets from Chaos Cosmos was part of a Forest pack. I just use it to make look initial good (just add them in), quickly and I haven't really checked them out that much, but the foggy white thing is new to me.
      - There is no water foam in the back of the trees, but in front, but maybe it is something in this...

Anyway I will look into it and come back to it. Thank you so much!

Br

Comment

Hi

I didnt even knew that the forest presets from Chaos Cosmos was part of a Forest pack
        They are using Chaos Scatter actually. Sorry about that, I thought you are using single model trees and since you mentioned forest I assumed you are using Forest Pack. I will test this Cosmos pre-set and get back to you.

Comment

Hi, again.
          After testing I don't see anything out of the ordinary with the Cosmos's Forest 001 pre-set.

Name:	3dsmax_2023-09-25_14-24-13.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	683.3 KB
ID:	1191515

Comment

Could it be max transparency levels?

Name:	image.png
Views:	76