Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos Presets don't load - possible Firewall issue

Hello
    The IT department at the office I work at runs a very strict Firewall setup. Cosmos does work for individual items, however the presets don't work. I suspect it's being blocked. Just this morning I sent them the list of domains they need to whitelist. Is there anything in particular about presets that requires rules to be set up? Any ports that need to be allowed?

Cheers

Hey bruce_hart,

If there are issues w/ firewall , Cosmos Browser won’t work at all.
    1. It's not clear what do you mean by "presets don’t work"?
      1. You can't see them (the category + presets) in Cosmos Browser;
      2. You cannot download them;
      3. You cannot import them.
    2. Which are your 3ds Max, V-Ray and Cosmos versions?
    Thanks!

Comment

Hi Hristo
      sorry I did not explain myself there. When drag dropping a scatter preset onto a surface nothing happens. It turns out I don't have Chaos Scatter available at all. It does not appear in the toolbar list in the Customize menu. I haven't noticed until now as I use Forest Pack to scatter things. My IT department sets up a Vray deployment installer, so I will need to check with them about how this was setup. Just been reading another post in regard to Chaos Scatter Missing: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...catter-missing
      I might need to uninstall and clear out that registry item. Sorry to trouble you - At times Chaos Cosmos has not worked at all due to our Firewall setup, so I assumed the scatter presets were also being blocked somehow.

Comment

Working...
      X