Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cosmos for Corona - Add your own material to a material library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos for Corona - Add your own material to a material library?

Hi all.
    I'm a Corona user.
    Are there plans to add, or does it currently exist, the possibility of adding your own materials to a material library?
    Thank you.

Hi Bowcat,

This is not yet possible in Cosmos, but we have plans to add such functionality.

May I ask you a couple of questions in that regard:
    1) How often do you need to transfer assets (both 3d models & materials) between different render engines/host applications?
    2) How complex are your materials (do rely on PBR workflows or do you use procedural maps)?
    3) Which is more important for you to add in the Cosmos Browser - 3d models or materials?

I would love to hear your feedback

Best regards,
    Tsetso
    Tsvetan Milanov
    Chaos

Comment

Hi Tsetso.
      1) I don't need to do that between different render engines. I use corona only, but I became aware that corona library will be merged with cosmos. I asked in the corona forum if adding your own materials was possible and they referred me to vrays forum.
      2) I use corona physical material. I don't necessarily rely on PBR workflows, but do end up with materials with textures from scanned objects, wich are plugged in the same way as any PBR material I guess. Procedural maps, definitely, all the time.
      3) Only materials TBH. It would need to be an amazing development for me to rely on it for all my models. I'm a one person only studio.

Having said that, my question came because I'm considering buying the Siger plugin, which allows to save your own materials to it. I believe I'll go ahead and buy it.
      Thanks.

Comment

Good to know and thanks a lot for sharing your input!

Best regards,
        Tsetso
        Tsvetan Milanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X