Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets Download Folder on Network

Hi,

I want to change my asset download folder to a folder on a shared network directory, but I always get an error message:

internal error: open C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos\config.json: Access is denied. (35340b8a-37cf-9a62-7927-f0a9502a1d8

Is it a bug or do I have to change something else in the settings?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers.

Hello SKuser,

In order to use a shared network directory, you need to have "read-write" access to the folder. Please make sure that you have the required permissions for the folder in question. Also, please send us the cb.log file which is located here:
    Code:
    C:\Program‌ ‌Files\Common‌ ‌Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos‌
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Aleksandar for your quick response.
      I checked the folder and also everyone above it, but it looks like everyone have permission to write/read the folders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1125935
      (It is german, but it says that everyone has full permission)
      How should I send you the cb.log file? Via the "contact us" button? Because it is not allowed to upload .log files

Thanks

Comment

Quick update:
        Our IT-expert tweaked some settings and now the folder should be accessible for everyone (wirte & read). But, now I get a different error:

internal error: open C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos\config.json: Access is denied. (8fca8672-51f5-a1c2-d764-aefdc393e60f)

Thanks again

Comment

Hello SKuser,

Thanks for providing those details.

Please send the cb.log file via creating a support ticket using the contact form on our website. I would also ask you to send us the config.json file which is located here:
          Code:
          C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
          Please make sure that you send a link to this thread in the description of your support ticket. Thanks.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

we have same issue here, i cant choose our netdrives for cosmos which woudl be needed. woudl be great if that can be solved for a nightly?

Comment

Hello SKuser ,
              Can you please try to update the Cosmos Browser to its latest version, if you haven't done it yet.

Comment

dear Ivan, i use the latest nightly build from V-Ray C4D (from 20211105), so i assume this installed the latest cosmos version, or are there extra cosmos builds?

Comment

You can download the latest Cosmos Browser build from this link - https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62

Comment

thanks, i see only a linux version in this link

Comment

ok found it

Comment

ok i installed the latest win version from 8th nov, but it is yet the same, when i choose a location, all mounted netdrives arent visible in the dialog to choose a disc or folder.
                        so i can only mount it as network(which den misses the needed drive letter, which weneed to keep the paths same on all pcs)
                        hope a new version will solve this

Comment

Hi there
                          after install the last version of cosmos, still can not link the folder via network
                          maybe a bug?
                          thanks
                          nuno

Comment

Hello,

Do you get any error messages or you just can't see the folder in the "select folder" window once you try to change the location? If that is the case, could you try to manually enter the path to the desired location and see if that will help? Thanks.
                            Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                            X