Cosmos Problems after Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos Problems after Migration

I have migrated to a new mac. Now i'm not able to get cosmos running. I get "cosmos browser error". When i click Cosmos Page, i get that localhost cant be found. I contacted Chaos, but i did not get a solution yet. A new, clean installation did not help. Any Ideas?

Hello rohdan,

Can you please try uninstalling Cosmos by using the uninstaller in the following directory:
    Code:
    /Applications/ChaosGroup/ChaosCosmos/uninstall/uninstaller
    After that, please delete the following folders
    Code:
    /Library/ChaosGroup/ChaosCosmos
    /Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/ChaosCosmos
    Then please download and install the latest version of the Cosmos Browser from here and let me know if that helps.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Problem is solved... it was issue on my Mac with the localhost.

Comment

Hello rohdan,

I am glad to hear that you resolved the issue.

Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hi Aleksandar

I had an error like rohdan this morning. So I updated the cosmos browser on my mac. Everything seemed to be fine again.

But now I have two new problems:
          When I import an object to a scene (even into a new empty scene) it takes longer than usual. And the material previews don't show up – see screenshot below.
          The bigger problem is: after every mouse click the rainbow ball appears for about 20 seconds. And I can't really navigate in the scene.

The second problem (maybe it has to do with the first?) is:
          When I want to render (preview render or whatever) the message shows up:
          Failed to obtain V-Ray license: 61: The Chaos License Server could not be reached (refused connection).

How can I solve this two issues?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers, Simon

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-14 um 14.02.35.png
Views:	170
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1175469

Comment

Hello simon_eugster,

Please note that we have a separate team that deals with licensing issues. I would kindly ask you to open a support ticket via our contact form and my colleagues will gladly help you with this issue.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X