Cosmos misses materials now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos misses materials now...

It's very uncomfortable to be a guinea pig..... Chaos is playing games with its paying users... Where are the materials ?! They disappeared after updating to the latest release.
    Do we have to harvest the entire library before the next update?

Hello cedric_vaucher,

I regret to hear that you experience issues with the Cosmos Browser.

Can you please open your browser, go to http://localhost:30305/ and let me know if the materials are visible there? Thank you.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 10.06.44.png
Views:	221
Size:	869.7 KB
ID:	1150019
      I might be wrong, but can't find any materials on the web page.
      But (my a...), restarting c4d brings back the materials folder

Comment

Hey cedric_vaucher ,

We're glad that restarting C4D solved the problem. I'll try to explain what happened IMO. Cosmos Browser is standalone app and is shared between different host applications (C4D, Sketchup, etc.). Every host app connects to Cosmos Browser on start. Not every integration supports materials though (well, at this moment I think that every one that supports Cosmos supports also materials now), or in other words – materials are feature and while registering to Cosmos, the host app must tell Cosmos that it supports materials, so Cosmos UI can show them. Most probably for one reason or another, your C4D lost connection with Cosmos, and the UI hid the materials.

Features (like Materials) are not visible also on localhost:30305 and that's expected ( aleksandar.kasabov )

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 11.52.20.png
Views:	219
Size:	601.3 KB
ID:	1150031
          Well, I can see the materials in the browser though... even 3DS Max stuff which sadly can't be downloaded ("error downloading asset"). Why aren't all assets available for all platform at the same time...

Comment

And then it stopped working again... Cosmos could not reach the server... had to download the installer to reinstall (the initial update mentioned above was done in-app).

Comment

Working...
            X