Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the whole scene appear very slowly in the viewport

Hello Together

Every time I start the file or switch from one file to another.
    the scene with the cosmos plants appears very slowly in the viewport. I have to wait several minutes. I use about 60 trees from Cosmos. I also have other objects from Cosmos. The problem is not with the other objects but every time I load the trees, I have to wait a long time for them to appear. Is this related to the path where the Cosmos models are stored ? Do they have to be on the computer or is it ok on the server? I almost can't work with the scene anymore. What do I have to look at? Or is it the 2 sided materials where he tries to put them together at the beginning and he can't find the front and back correctly? Thanks a lot

Hello alex_obrist,

Does this happen with specific Cosmos objects only or with any object? Also, do you have your Cosmos assets on your local machine or are they stored on a network location? If that is the case, please note that the bandwidth of your network could affect the loading times.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Yes it is stored on a server. if I change it to my computer and load the Cosmos folder into it, I lose the path of the trees in my current fils ? Do I have to download all the trees again and put them in the file ?

Comment

What would be the ideal solution if I have the Cosmos objects Local. Because the Ethernet is too slow and there are two of us working on the same object ? The other will not see the Cosmos objects or ?

Comment

Hello alex_obrist,

Currently, there is no easy way to transfer cosmos assets between computers.

What you can do is convert the cosmos assets to proxies (shortcut C on your keyboard) and then save the project with assets. However, currently, there is a bug where proxies will lose their assigned materials once the scene is saved with the assets. This is reported to our developers (bug ID: VC4D-1499) and we will be working on resolving it. I will let you know once we have more information. Thank you.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Hello alex_obrist,

Please be informed that the bug, mentioned above has been fixed and the fix is available in our latest stable builds. You can download and install the build from here. Thanks.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X