The Cosmos Browser and C4Ds "Save with assets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cosmos Browser and C4Ds "Save with assets"

As per VRay 6.00.02 both .tx files and Vrmesh files get copied when "saving with assets".

Now I was quite happy with the bug as I like to link all my Cosmos objects to a single central folder, I however still like to use the "Save with assets" function to consolidate other assets in the scene. So the bug was very much working in my favour.

Is there a way to retain the bugged behaviour of not copying the Cosmos assets when using "save with assets"? Maybe even leave out the textures?

P.S. I know I could get around this by just saving regularly and then consolidating the assets that I want to copy and leave out the Cosmos objects. I was just hoping for a convenient checkbox .

Hello corvin_hiller,

Could you please elaborate some more on your query?

Is there a way to retain the bugged behaviour of not copying the Cosmos assets when using "save with assets"? Maybe even leave out the textures?
    Are you referring to saving the assets (.vrmesh and .tx files) in the allocated folder when "Saving Project with Assets"? And if yes, am I understanding correctly that you don't want those to be saved in the said folder? Sharing some more details would be helpful. Thanks.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Apologies for the delayed answer. I had quite the week.

You have understood it perfectly. I do not want the .vrmesh and .tx files saved in the new location. I would like to retain their link to a single central location instead of copying them dozens of times for different projects (an issue that is exacerbated by 6 people working on different projects).

Comment

Hello corvin_hiller,

Please note that the idea behind the "Save Project with Assets" option is to pack all textures and assets together. The correct workflow in your case would be to have all assets in a file structure on a network location, shared between all computers, and all paths pointing to this location. In this case, you won't need to use the "Save Project with Assets" option and you will be able to only save the scene. Alternatively, you can the Project Asset Inspector to relink your assets when moved to another computer.

We will see if something can be improved in the future but for now the "Save Project with Assets" will copy all assets (including the Cosmos assets) into the project folder.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X