Cosmos browser not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos browser not working

When clicking on Cosmos icon, a white window appears and I can't do anything.

Hi corrado69 ,

I think you can have a look at that thread.
    Please, follow up on the questions from post #3 there.

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

I already tried the suggestions in that thread: removed cosmos and reinstalled vray for rhino but the problem is still there...

Comment

Hi corrado69

In case you are still experiencing this issue, can you confirm a few things:
        • Can you check if the Chaos Content Browser Service is running and does restarting it change anything?
        • Have you configured a custom download directory for the Cosmos assets? If yes, see if switching to the default download location (and restarting the service + closing/reopening the Cosmos Browser window) helps
        • Ensure that your Firewall/antivirus configuration is not blocking any of the Rhino/Chaos Cosmos services - try disabling them just to see if the issue persists
        • Have you tried performing a clean reinstall?
        • Are there multiple users on the machine and if so, are you sure that the current user is the one with Administrator privileges and the one used for installing V-Ray
        • Would it be possible to forward us the log and config files so we can see if they can point us to the right direction?
          • Cosmos cb.log and config.json files are found in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
          • vrayneui logs are found in: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\vrayneui
        Best would be to drop us a line through our contact form and we can arrange a remote session so we can try to resolve this on the spot, or alternatively, gather the necessary information. Thanks!
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi,
          yes, I still have the problem.

I followed your suggestions:
          - Service was not running... I started manually but it gave an error 7031 so I launched cbservice.exe and I got the error "couldn't downlad update...", see screenshot attached. I disabled antivirus (BitDefender) but it didn't solve so I re-enabled. For some reason the service is now running (!) but the Cosmos Browser still shows a white window
          - No, I didn't configured any custom download directory
          - I disabled antivirus (see above) with no success
          - Yes, I reinstalled vray_51001_rhino_win_x64.exe several times
          - Just one user with Administrator privileges. My PC is part of the office network (domain)
          - see log and config files attached

Thanks,
          Corrado
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi corrado69,
            It seems that by default the Cosmos Browser was installed to download assets to a network storage location (\\\\Srv-dc01\\User Shared Folders\\corrado.bellini\\My Documents).
            Since we don't support network storage as of now, you can set the Cosmos Browser to download to a local directory, using the instructions on this link.

Our team will work to support downloads to network storage and we'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Kalina Maneva
            Product Manager
            Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Solved!!

Thanks so much for your help!
              Corrado

Comment

Hi, everyone!

I have been reading this thread as well as other following what has been suggested but I still can't fix my issue.

Which basically is the same as corrado69 had. When installing V-ray5 Cosmos actually works so I can download assets but I can't place them into my revit file. I went into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos" and opened "config.json file"
                I found this path {"automatic_updates":true,"port":"30305","tls_port ":"30306","tls_cert_file":"","tls_cert_key":"","wo rking_dir":"C:\\Users\\administrator\\Documents\\C haos Cosmos"} so what I did was creating a file in my desktop called Cosmos Assets and changing the path to {"automatic_updates":true,"port":"30305","tls_port ":"30306","tls_cert_file":"","tls_cert_key":"","C: \Users\danielt\Desktop\Cosmos Assets"}. Now when I open V-ray5 Cosmos doesn't even open so I am not sure how to fix it.

Thank you in advanced!

Comment

Hello, fatkin_ltd!

Please fill in our contact form, add Cosmos in Revit subject.
                  Thereafter we could arrange a TeamViewer session and I will take a look and help you.

Waiting for your inquiry.

Best regards,
                  TS
                  Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
                  3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X