Editing Assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Assets

Is there a way to edit the assets themselves? I've tried exploding, changing them to nurbs, merging, deleting parts, etc.
    Nothing has worked so far, every time I render it, it shows as the original asset again.
    You can scale and morph the assets but you can't really add or delete parts and have it look different than the original asset.

Hey kevin_wong,

Please keep in mind that editing the geometry of the models is not currently possible.

Editing materials is an option only after you Merge the asset. This action will convert it from a black-box asset to a Proxy Mesh with materials - you'll then be able to alter the existing shaders or replace them completely.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi! Is editing the geometry of the models possibly today? I did manage to unite two sinks together, the porcelain from one and the tap from another. I edited it by "deletemeshfaces". It looked fine in the model but when I rendered it, the old original sinks were just on top of each other. I added a picture as a reference. Would be nice to change the assets properly.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

All the best,

Andrea

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X