Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: selected importer was not found

Hi all,

I searched this issue but I couldn't see the same error and its solution. Almost every time when I want to import an asset to my rhino scene I get this error. Error importing asset: the selected importer was not found
    Sometimes it is working by luck but I can say 80% ratio I get this error. I have no clue, how it can happen to work sometimes and sometimes not. I would be really happy to hear some solution advice. BTW I have rhino 7 with the latest update and also chaos cosmos updated to the last version with today's date.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

Same here. Have to restart Rhino every time when I want to use Cosmos.

Comment

Hi,

This error is usually due to the connection between Cosmos and V-Ray for Rhino being severed.
      There are multiple reasons for that: Cosmos Update, Firewall, Antivirus to name the few.
      You can check the status of the connection with this command in Rhino

Code:
      _vrayCosmos _Status
      it will respond in the command line by printing either Connected or Not Connected
      If the connection has indeed been lost, you can attempt to reconnect:

Code:
      _vrayCosmos _Connect

Comment

Thanks Nikolay, will try. It definitely could be caused by the cosmos update. There's always a new update available when I open cosmos. : )

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.bakalov View Post
          Hi,

This error is usually due to the connection between Cosmos and V-Ray for Rhino being severed.
          There are multiple reasons for that: Cosmos Update, Firewall, Antivirus to name the few.

Code:
          _vrayCosmos _Status
          it will respond in the command line by printing either Connected or Not Connected

Code:
          _vrayCosmos _Connect
          Hello Nikolay, Importer not Found strikes back. This time vrayCosmos status says Connected but downloading a model gives the same error as before (Error importing asset: the selected importer was not found​) and the option to "Connect" is no more available (it's connected anyway, so why should it)

Can you advise anything? Thanks!

Jonas

Comment

Hi, Jonish,

When the interface is connected, the "Connect" option is replaced with "Disconnect". You can try disconnecting and then connecting to attempt establishing a new connection.
            It is strange to receive such a message since, in order for the connection to be established, there must be something listening on port 30305. And that something must understand the Cosmos connection interface.

Comment

Hello nikolay.bakalov, today the problem is gone. I will try to disconnect and reconnect again, if it happens again.
              Have a nice day!
              Jonas

Comment

this just happened to me, updated cosmos and nothing imports without the above stated error message. How do you disconnect? do you mean sign out and sign back in?

(UPDATE) : I signed out and signed in and it seemed to clear the issue for me, not sure why updates cause this issue.
                Last edited by ryan_howell; 23-09-2023, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Ryan, simply use_vrayCosmos command, it lets you give instructions to connect / disconnect, or check current status.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.bakalov View Post
                    Hi,

Code:
                    _vrayCosmos _Status

Code:
                    _vrayCosmos _Connect
                    Hello everyone!

I used your commands in Rhino and here is the feedback I got. Unfortunately, even though firewall is disabled the Comos browser fails to work...It would be of tremendous help to me if you or anyone here could help me fix it.

Vray, License server and Cosmos browser are all the newest versions.

Here I attach screens :

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	124.6 KB ID:	1193070
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	1193071

Last edited by aleksander_swiatek; 12-10-2023, 10:44 AM.

Comment

What about Manage Chaos License Server?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	3271
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1193136

Is it Online? I guess it is if you can load the V-Ray UI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	3253
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1193137

Comment

Originally posted by Jonish View Post
                        What about Manage Chaos License Server?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	1193136

Is it Online? I guess it is if you can load the V-Ray UI.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.2 KB ID:	1193137
                        The license's fine! i have a trial of Vray now for a month but its strange that I do not get to use the Vray materials library coooz it's in the chaos cosmos browser now which apparently does not work for me....

This is what I get when I try to Reload the Cosmos:

Attached Files
                        Last edited by aleksander_swiatek; 15-10-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Hello aleksander_swiatek,

Thank you for opening a ticket to our Tech Support team. Please follow the instructions that you have received in a ticket and let us know if it works.​
                          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
                            Hello aleksander_swiatek,

Thank you for opening a ticket to our Tech Support team. Please follow the instructions that you have received in a ticket and let us know if it works.​
                            Works fine , now! Thank you and have a good day!

i reinstalled it a few times, first most probably without cleaning the source folders then with cleaning them from any trace of chaos cosmos and it worked like charm^^

Comment

I'm getting this error every time I launch this app... and I have to reinstall the Chaos Browser and delete the database...and then it happens again. This is .... Grrr.... this is not OK and there seems to be no workaround. Soooooo annnoying. I cannot use this software because of this BUG.

Comment

Working...
                              X