Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos failing to load and slowing PC experience in general

Hi!

I decided to give V-Ray 6 for Rhino a go, but Cosmos failed to load. And since the materials have to be downloaded from there, I would have to make all of my materials from scratch.
    I tried downloading and installing the latest version of Cosmos linked on the fail notice screen, but when I install it my computer becomes a mess. Rhino does not appear, but a process appears on the task manager for every time i tried to open it, but the windows never appears and it becomes un-usable. SketchUp, also becomes terribly slow. Clicking on the icon in the taskbar seems to do nothing until like a minute later, all the windows of sketchup appear suddenly. The windows Task bar becomes unresponsive.

I've tried the "Stop chaos cosmos" and then "start chaos cosmos" but the system becomes unresponsive, and i have to turn off the machine manually.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Hey there,

We are terribly sorry that you experience issues w/ Cosmos Browser. Can you please tell us does restarting your computer make any changes? Also, is there any abnormal behavior of the Cosmos Browser (cbservice.exe)? Does it consume high CPU, etc.? Also, is there any difference if Sketchup/Rhino are running or not?

Comment

Hi,

Restarting the computer does help, SketchUp, Rhino, and the Taskbar become usable again, if I recall correctly, but Cosmos still isn't working. If I execute "stop Chaos cosmos" and "start chaos cosmos" the computer hangs. If I check the task manager, I see two instances of cbservice.exe, and I think one is using around 250mb of ram, even though it still fails to load. I don't recall the cpu usage. I'll try to find some differences if sketchup or rhino is running, but right now I rolled back to vray 5 for rhino, because I need some work done. When I get some free time I'll try again.

What steps do you recommend when installing vray 6 for rhino again?
      I have Vray 5 for sketchup, Could installing vray 6 for rhino present a problem?

Is there any logs or files I should send you to help diagnose the problem?

Comment

Yes. We will need the logs (if any) in order to see what's wrong. But as I usually say, logs contain sensitive data, so the best way to provide us with them would be to create an issue in our tickets system and attach your cb.log and config.json files (both located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos)​.

Also, is Cosmos UI available when you open https://localhost:30306 in your web browser (e.g. Chrome)? If yes, then can you please click on the More menu (the three dots), then About, and Run the Diagnostics (see attached)? Then wait for a minute or two, and you will be prompted to download a profile file. Can you please attach it to the support ticket too?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 15.07.07.png
Views:	350
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1173910Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 15.07.47.png
Views:	332
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1173911

Comment

Working...
        X