Rhino crashes when moving Cosmos-3D-Objects while preview-rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino crashes when moving Cosmos-3D-Objects while preview-rendering

I use 3D objects from Cosmos, e.g. furniture or other accessories. Now when I do an interactive preview rendering (progressive mode) to adjust the camera, light, etc. and move Cosmos objects in the scene, Rhino freezes EVERY TIME! The following message (see attachment). I then have to quit Rhino and restart it.
    Until half a year ago, moving the objects during the preview was no problem at all.
    Now it's super annoying and kills my workflow every time! A no-go for a programme that costs over €400 a year!
    I use Rhino 7, SR36 2023-12-12 (Rhino 7, 7.36.23346.16351,
    Licence type: Commercial, Build 2023-12-12
    V-Ray and Cosmos versions see screenshots in the attachment​
    Attached Files

Hello stephanbobby,
    Thank you for your report.

I would like to share that we are aware of the issue that you describe. The GPU crashes with moving Proxy Mesh during Interactive render is logged internally as VRW-4391. I have linked your forum post to it and once there are any updates we will notify you.
    Please note that crash is reproducible not only with Cosmos Assets, but also with custom made Proxy Meshes. In the meantime the only workaround is to render interactively with the CPU render engine in order to avoid the crash when moving such objects.

We apologize for the inconvenience.​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello stephanbobby,

I am contacting you to let you know that the aformentioned crash was resolved and fix is a part of the official build 6.20.03. Please download it here and update your version.

Enjoy V-Ray!
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
        X