Cosmos is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos is not working

Hi... Testing Cosmos in SketchUp - clicking on its icon - the dialog that opens is all white and nothing happens...

How to troubleshoot that?

RB
    sigpic

Hi bakbek ,

Check this thread (posts #8 and #10): https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...en#post1104113

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi bakbek,

You can try uninstalling the Chaos Cosmos Browser application from the Apps and Features Windows panel.
      Re-install V-Ray 5, update 1 after that and try again.

And a couple of questions that might help us figure out what's going on:
      1. Were you part of the Cosmos beta? If so then there is a good chance that the suggested fix will work for you.
      2. Can you use the rest of the V-Ray features? Does the Asset Editor window appear and function normally for example?
      Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Hi Ana and Konstantin,

I also encountered the same problem. However, I encountered it after restarting SketchUp.
        Before I restarted, I was downloading Cosmos Assets.

In addition, I also give feedback on the detailed situation.
        After the official version came out, I updated V-Ray 5 for SketchUp and V-Ray 5 for 3dsMax. They couldn't open normally for the first time. The black background was displayed, but there was no content.
        I downloaded the standalone program of Cosmos. After reinstalling, V-Ray 5 for SketchUp can be opened normally. V-Ray 5 for 3dsMax still does not work.
        Then, I changed the path according to the method of changing the download path of Cosmos in the help document, and I can still successfully open Cosmos and download assets.
        However, when I closed SketchUp during the download process and restarted it again, only a black background was displayed without any content. I can open V-Ray and render normally, but I cannot open Cosmos.
        I also tried this Link: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/v-ray-for-revit-forums/v-ray-for-revit-bugs/1103763-chaos-cosmos-white-screen#post1104113 The solution in, but still ineffective.

I can open cosmos.chaos.com, but I cannot use Cosmos in SketchUp and 3dsMax. I guess, does this have something to do with the network in the service process?

Hope to get an answer.
        Attached Files

Comment

I started cbservice.exe
          display:
          {"severity":"info","time":"2021-03-01T23:36:38.476+0800","message":"grpc: addrConn.createTransport failed to connect to {cosmos.chaos.com:443 < nil> 0 <nil>}. Err: connection error: desc = "transport: Error while dialing dial tcp: operation was canceled". Reconnecting...","component":"grpc-server"}

and sometime display:
          {"severity":"error","time":"2021-03-02T00:22:47.509+0800","message":"HTTP/2 unexpectedly shutting down because of an error","error":"listen tcp 127.0.0.1:30305: bind: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.","stacktrace":"main.(*App).startServer\ n\tC:/gitlab/builds/xsCDsLbv/0/galaxy/content-browser/service/cmd/cbservice/main.go:516\nmain.(*App).startServers.func1\n\tC:/gitlab/builds/xsCDsLbv/0/galaxy/content-browser/service/cmd/cbservice/main.go:540"}
          Last edited by Shusen.ZHAO; 01-03-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Feedback the latest situation again
            I turned on V-Ray for SketchUp, V-Ray for Rhino, and V-Ray for 3dsMax at the same time. Only Cosmos in V-Ray for Rhino can be opened normally. I think this may not be a network problem?

Comment

Hi there,

I have issues with Cosmos as well... it keeps telling "importing asset is not possible as there is no open project" while of course a file is open.
              Already uninstalled and re-installed it.

Using Vray 5.10.01 SKP Version 21.0.392 on MacOS 10.13.6.

Thanks in advance! Ema

Comment

Hi Shusen.ZHAO

Thanks for the additional details. Can you confirm the following
                • Make sure you are logged in the Chaos Cosmos browser and the account used has a valid license
                • You've mentioned you already tried performing a clean reinstall - would it be possible to get in touch with us through our contact form so we can schedule a remote session and try to resolve this on the spot? Make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks

emanuela_bonardi

Thanks for letting us know. Can you let me know the exact version of Chaos Cosmos used? It can be found in ... > About
                Would it be possible to provide us with the additional information:
                • Is Cosmos using a custom download directory?
                • Are there any 3rd-party security software installed - if yes, does the issue persist if you temporary disable them?
                • Would it be possible to reproduce the error and forward us the following log files
                  • Cosmos cb.log and config.json - can be found in ~/Library/ChaosGroup/ChaosCosmos
                  • Latest vrayneui and VRayForSketchup logs - can be found in ~/.ChaosGroup/V-Ray\ for\ SketchUp/vrayneui and ~/.ChaosGroup/V-Ray\ for\ SketchUp/VRayForSketchUp.log
                • Please get in touch through our contact form and forward the gathered files. We might also have to schedule a remote session to try and resolve it
                Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

nikoleta.garkova thanks for getting back to us.
                  Chaos Cosmos version is the one build: 2021.02.18-184542

- no it doesn't use a custom download directory
                  - no third party security software

Just sent you the log files through the contact form. Thanks for letting me know as the soonest...

Comment

Thanks, Ema - found your ticket, you should've gotten a reply by now. We might need to arrange a remote session to investigate further.

Comment

nikoleta.garkova thank you for your reply~
                      My ticket number is: 332-074-5998  
                      • I confirm that I have logged in and my account is valid.
                      • For more detailed information, I have feedback in the Contact form.

Comment

I have read some problems with connection to the cosmos server and also some solutions offered and the question to have a remote session to resolve remaining issues. But I never see a final solution and the real problem that arises to have a remote session at all. Are things solved or not, and how??

Comment

Hey trick,

There have been different reasons causing such issues for the different users, i.e. some trying to configure a network path for download location (which is now possible), anti-virus software blocking the Cosmos connection, leftover files from previous installations, misconfigured servers, etc.

Can you let us know if you are experiencing any issues, and if so - can you please describe them in detail so we can be able to help you troubleshoot? Moreover, the best way to narrow down the issue by providing us with the cb.log file, located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos

Much appreciated!
                          Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 31-05-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

Download location is local, tried disabling AV and FireWall, tried reinstalling several times (both Cosmos and VRay); CB.log shows connection failure at cosmos.chaos.com:443. Everything results in a blank white window when trying to start up Cosmos in latest VRay in Max2020. Right clicking in that white window and copying a link to Chrome makes it possible to start up the browser and download assets and transfer them to Max.
                            I am trying to make some room to plan a Teams session, but there is always a glitch

Comment

Hi trick,

Thanks for the additional info.
                              Have you tried to uninstall and remove any leftover files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos; make a clean installation again. We've released an update on May 31st, here you can see additional info - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/.../Release+Notes.

If that results in no difference, then please drop us a line through our contact form so we can schedule a remote session and troubleshoot on the spot, just make sure to mention this thread in the email. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X