Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMOS Lights.... are they supposed to light up ?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMOS Lights.... are they supposed to light up ?!?!

Once again, loving the COMOS assets. However, I just brought in 4 of the table lamps and note they have a light parameter but none of them....light up?!
    If these need a vray light put inside them fair do but in the case of the one I tried it didn't let any light out from that either.

So firstly, the new Vray is definitely not as stable as the initial 2 releases of version 5. Getting far more "odd" behaviour, crashing back to desktop and general weirdness. As for these COSMOS lights, none of them worked in my live project so I opened a new file and after turning off the sun and background the one on the left worked (see image). So I reopened the project and re-inserted the lamp and it worked. So I tried turning up the multiplier to 100 on one of the others and it crashed to desktop. I reopened everything and deleted the existing instances of these lamps, restarted and re-inserted them. To test them I turned off all other light sources. As you can see, the two on the left worked this time but the ones on the right don't.

Comment

Hi,

So firstly, the new Vray is definitely not as stable as the initial 2 releases of version 5. Getting far more "odd" behaviour, crashing back to desktop and general weirdness.
      Can you describe the weird behavior that you are experiencing?
      Also, if are there reliable steps that we can use to reproduce the crash you mentioned?

As for these COSMOS lights, none of them worked in my live project so I opened a new file and after turning off the sun and background the one on the left worked (see image). So I reopened the project and re-inserted the lamp and it worked. So I tried turning up the multiplier to 100 on one of the others and it crashed to desktop. I reopened everything and deleted the existing instances of these lamps, restarted and re-inserted them. To test them I turned off all other light sources. As you can see, the two on the left worked this time but the ones on the right don't.
      I went through similar steps and the all the lights seem to work just fine (not crashing as well).
      Note that Lamp Table 009 is quite dim so I had to increase its intensity to 500 (changing the camera EV would be the proper way to do it though...).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	lamp.JPG
Views:	1143
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	1107254

Is it possible for you to share your test scene?
      I might be missing something here.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X