Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import of Assets impossible

Hello,
    I just upgraded my versions of Vray (both in Sketchup and Revit) to version 5.
    When I launch Cosmos browser, I have access to the download : no problem for that.
    But when I try to import it in SKP, I have a popup telling me "Import in progress", then the popup dissappears... and nothing else happens.
    I read that normally, in SKP, i should be able to place the component of the asset, but it doesn't work, no command is active in SKP after import.
    When I look in the vray settings, in the objects, the asset is visible in the list, but not placed in the scene. If I look in the SKP panel of the components, I should normally see the asset, but it is not there.

The problem is the same in Revit : import ok, but no Revit family present in the project.

Can anyone help me with this ?

I am sure to have the latest version of Vray, and Cosmos browser (downloaded yesterday !)
    I am on a laptop HP with a NVidia Quadro P5000, with 64 Gb of RAM.

Thank you in advance !

Hi dho

Sorry to hear you are experiencing such issues. We will need some additional information in order to troubleshoot:
    • Would it be possible to share a short screen-recording demonstrating this, so we can try and replicate it?
    • Can you share the exact Cosmos Browser version - you can find when you open the Cosmos Browser under ... > About
    • Can you check if the Chaos Cosmos Browser service is running - and does the issue remain if you restart it?
    • Would it be possible to share the cb.log and vrayneui.log files so we can see if there are any errors or warnings printed? You can find them in
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos cb.log
      • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp\vrayneui
    You can forward the files through our contact form - make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hello Nikoleta and thank you for your answer.
      I made a screen recording of my problem. I will send it to you through the contact form with the files you asked.
      Hope that you will find a very fast solution for me !
      You have to know that, here in Brussels, I give trainings on Sketchup and Vray. Next week I will present a webinar about the workflow between SKP and vray. I cannot imagine not to be able to present Cosmos !
      So I really hope you will find the solution for me.

Thank you in advance.
      Regards...

Comment

Thanks for getting in touch with us - I've managed to find your ticket and you should have a reply by now.

Comment

Thank you for providing the log files and for your time! I will write as a follow-up here as well- it appeared that Cosmos Browser was installed to download assets to a network storage location, which is currently not supported. This is logged internally under GALAXY-930 and our devs are working on a solution. We will notify you when there are any updates on the matter.

What helped in this situation was to manually set the Cosmos Browser to download to a local directory, as described here.

This topic has also been discussed in the following forum thread.

Comment

Does anyone know how to go about updating Chaos Cosmos. Whenever I try and import an asset it just says I need to update Chaos cosmos first.

Comment

Hey parker_trost,

As you are probably already aware, this has been discussed in the following forum post. If you are still encountering any issues, do let us know.

Comment

Hello,
                I have recently started using the chaos cosmos browser for V-ray for Rhino and had no issues with it, but since today when i try to import an object from it it says "Unable to load the asset geometry" ?
                Is that the same issue as before?

Comment

Hi there,

Would it be possible to forward us the Cosmos Browser log (cb.log) file so we can have a look for any errors/warnings printed? Make sure you've got the latest Chaos Cosmos Browser version.
                  You can find the cb.log in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,
                    I saw in another post to try to uninstall V-ray and try again and it worked. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Whenever I import from Cosmos Vray 5 into Sketchup 2021 I just get a small box instead of the object... See Screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	6551
Size:	538.1 KB
ID:	1120558
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey jeanpierre_oberholzer,

Have you made any changes to the assets download directory? This might happen if the user doesn't have read/write permissions to that location. Moreover, make sure you're using the latest Chaos Cosmos Browser version. If you go to ... > About, you will be able to see if there are any updates available.

Would it be possible to send us the cb.log file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos via our contact form, so we can see for any errors printed? Make sure to mention this thread in the subject as well. Thanks!

Comment

please can any body help me at this problem

Comment

Working...
                          X