Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section Plane in Component (cooffee cup 002 I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section Plane in Component (cooffee cup 002 I think)

Hey all, just a quick note: i've spent legit about 4 hours so far trying to diagnose a scene looking for something hidden in it only to realize there was a section plane in one of the cosmo components that only appeared when merged, causing my flooring to disappear for no reason.

I think it was the coffee cup 002, but will confirm. I'm pretty mad about this right now, please be more careful, this kept me up pretty late last night and is pretty infuriating.

this was unclear - i place one of the cosmo cups on a table and a vrscene proxy of a complex floor on the floor underneath, but the vrscene (from max, but that always works) didn't show up. The coffee cup was a cosmo component (unmerged). If I raised the floor, it would suddenly pop into frame, so I knew something was up, but the scene is pretty complex and it took a while to go thru everything.

Once I started merging the cosmo stuff on a lark, a section plane popped up, which would definitely explain the weird void I was experiencing with the disappearing floor.

Comment

on further inspection, this might be a skp/vray bug rather than a cosmo specific issue. perhaps a mod can move the thread?

i got repeated results on components, specifically from 3d warehouse, where the section clip won't appear in the asset editor object tab until everything is exploded in the component, and then it reveals itself. some weird behavior for sure.

Comment

Hi delineator,

Sorry to hear you were having such issues.

Testing the component in question does not seem to produce issues on my end, so it might indeed be something else. Can you please share the project with the issue reproducible so we can troubleshoot? You can send it via our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the email. Thanks!
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting some weird results too. The coffee cup 002 is a bit glitchy though, I tried it 5 times in a row in a brand new model and it froze 4 out of 5 times when merging. The other similar items (coffee mug, etc) all merged fine when testing.

Comment

Doesn't seem to freeze on my end when merging which is odd; can you still provide the requested information via our contact form, along with screenshots/screen recordings demonstrating the issue? Much appreciated!
            Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X