Update Cosmos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Cosmos?

I'm trying to download assets from Cosmos but it says to update? Please find screen shot enclosed. I've updated Vray but how do I specifically update just Cosmos?
    Thanks,
    Madeleine

Hey madeleine_ljungfeldt,

Can you let us know the exact Cosmos Browser version - you can check from ... > About
    If the browser needs an update, you should also be able to see a message that an update is available;

If it says it's up to date, please do forward us the cb.log file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos so we can see if any errors are printed along with a screenshot with your Cosmos Browser version info. You can send it via our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the email. Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

nikoleta.garkova Thanks but I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Where do I find "About"? Enclosing another screen shot. I'm working in SketchUp in MacOS.

Comment

Hi madeleine_ljungfeldt ,
        There is some glitch and you don't see section About for some reason, we will investigate that.
        In the meanwhile, please use this direct link to download the Cosmos Browser:
        https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62

And install it on your machine.
        Let us know if the problems persists.

Regards,

Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hi madeleine_ljungfeld,
          We will need your help to investigate this problem further.
          Can you send us your cb.log, you can find it at: /Library/ChaosGroup/ChaosCosmos/cb.log
          Also, find cbservice.exe installed on your machine and in the properties of the file, see the file version.

Send the above information to me at: kalina.maneva @ chaosgroup.com

This will help a lot with the investigation.

Regards,
          Kalina Maneva
          Product Manager
          Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Thanks to bring this topic to word Madeleine!
            I had the same problem with cosmos...
            update everything, restart my MAC, after a while I can insert the models again into my skp model, but if I render it in the cloud, he did not render the COSMOS models... the odd is I had the issue on both my I MAC and MAC BOOK PRO, after restarting my I MAC it works properly even in the cloud, but not on my MAC BOOK...
            I think its a good idea they add the browser download link for COSMOS on the communication page, so we do not have spend our CREDITS to useless renders...

THANKS!

Comment

NOPE, even after updating the COSMOS BROWSER with this link: https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=62 the renders in the CLOUD do not recognise the COSMOS MODELS...
              see pictures:

Attached Files

Comment

Hi! After contact with the support team I restarted everything (again) and finally it worked. For now at least . Maybe you should try again as well and see if you get the same result? So frustrating when things aren't working while working on a deadline .

Comment

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues.

In order to investigate further, is it possible to forward us the project in question so we can have a look and see if we reproduce the same behavior? You can send it via our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the email. If needed, we may also schedule a remote session to troubleshoot on the spot. Much appreciated!
                  Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X