Cosmos assets not rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos assets not rendering

Hello, since updating the other day certain cosmos assets are no longer rendering. This is occurring within a particular file, I can start a new file and the assets work fine. It lets me import the asset, and a proxy is present but it just doesn't appear on any renders. Thanks for any help

Hi sam_moretondeakin,

Have you, by any chance, switched the assets download location? If you check the assets directly in the Asset Editor, do you see the correct paths to that location? Have you noticed such issues in other files?
    Is it possible to get in touch, so we can maybe investigate what's happening on the spot? Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I have the same problem. Objects are not showing in the render but they are visible in the file. In the cosmos browser, they look good with a green check mark as downloaded. As well in the downloads folder of Cosmos all files are there. But it is only missing in the v-ray asset editor. When I add it again to the file from the cosmos browser it shows up again in the asset editor but after a while, it vanishes again. After some controls, I understood that this happens primarily because of scaling. Scaled objects' connections break and they start to disappear in the render. So I think this is the main reason but in this case it means it is not possible to use objects with custom scales, even though they are uniformly scaled.

Comment

Hello yusufcankat_donmez,
        Could you please share some more information on versions that you are using.

Are you working with V-Ray for SketchUp or V-Ray for Rhino?

If it is SketchUp please provide:
        • SketchUp version;
        • V-Ray for SketchUp About window screenshot: example.
        If it is Rhino please provide:
        • Rhino version (is it Rhino 7 or Rhino 8 WIP?)
        • V-Ray for Rhino About window screenshot: example.
        Also please add the Cosmos Browser version (Settings>About).

How exactly do you scale Cosmos Assets - by merging assets and adjusting Scale Factor (example) or with Scale command\tool on the unmerged asset. Any additional information would be helpful in order to investigate this issue.​
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, I have Rhino 7 and 8 WIP/BETA i had it lastly I guess in 8 WIP. V-Ray Information I add with attachment below. I have now "Chaos Cosmos • Build: 2023.09.13-338458". I use standard uniform scale command of rhino to scale without making any deformation. In some V-ray version I saw that in the UI there is a scale parameter but in rhino only with rhino scale command it is possible but then this happens.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you yusufcankat_donmez for specifying your version,

I am not able to reproduce the issue with scaled Cosmos Assets that you describe neither in Rhino 7 nor in Rhino 8 (BETA) version.

Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently on your side? If yes, please archive the scene with such Cosmos Assets (present in Rhino and not present in V-Ray Asset Editor) using the Pack Project tool and send it in a ticket.

Also, as I have shared in the previous post, if you merge Cosmos Asset you can scale them using Scale Factor, though note that it will only be visible in render.
            Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X