Chaos Cosmos Starting with Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos Starting with Windows

Is there a way to prevent Chaos Cosmos from starting when Windows starts? To be honest, it's putting a load on my laptop's resources, and I'd rather have it open when I need it to, rather than it be open for however long I using my laptop, without actually using it.

Hello James,

I'm Hristo, from Cosmos Development team. We are really sorry to read that you're experiencing performance issues w/ Cosmos.

The easiest way to stop Cosmos is to use the Stop shortcut from the Start menu. You can stop Cosmos immediately after you (re)start your PC.

Of course you can disable the auto start. You can do this in the "Start Apps" dialog (again from Start menu), and then turn off Chaos Cosmos Browser Service.

You can always start Cosmos from the Start menu – Start Cosmos Browser shortcut.

We are constantly working on improving our applications. The issues that you experience are definitely not normal, and we would like to resolve them. Can you please give us as much information as you can? We will do some investigation and will try to reproduce the problem, and fix it.

It will be great if you send us:
    1. Your Windows version
    2. Cosmos Browser log file – can be found from Cosmos Browser – More menu (the three dots) – About
    3. Your config file – can be found in the same directory as the log file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos)
    4. How much CPU and RAM it consumes?
    5. Is it consuming much resources right on startup, or after opening 3DS Max/Sketchup or whichever 3D software that you use?
    6. Does it start consuming much resources right after opening 3DS Max/Sketchup/etc. or after opening the Cosmos Browser?
    7. Any particular reproducible steps will be much appreciated!
    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X