Issue importing HDRI from Chaos Cosmos into Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue importing HDRI from Chaos Cosmos into Model

I'm having issues when I try to import HDRIs from the Chaos Cosmos browser into my Sketchup model. I'm following all the same steps as Nikoleta Garkova shows in the forum here:
    https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...ri#post1105923
    However the texture comes into my asset editor blank. I did a test render to see if it would show up just in case, but no luck. I'm attaching screenshots, any ideas?

Attached Files

Dear eric_donarski, hello.

From the third screenshot is seen that you have two Dome Lights, which are enabled.
    Have you attached the downloaded HDRI from Cosmos to one of those lights?

The two essential steps are:
    1. Import from Chaos Cosmos (the chosen HDRI will be seen in Textures Tab)
    2. Attach the HDRI to a created Dome Light, like this

You could attach a screenshot from the Lights tab of the Asset Editor, where it is visible which texture is applied, like this.

Try unchecking one of the Dome Lights in Light Mix if the desired HDRI is not attached to it.
    Maybe then you will see the difference.

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hi TS,

I have 2 dome lights because I am hoping to have one set for day and a second for night. I followed the steps above, which is what I was doing, same result. I unchecked the unnecessary dome light in light mix, so only the one showing in the render is the one with the applied HDRI texture. Attached is the screenshot you requested along with one of the current rendering.

Thank you for your time,
      Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

Could you check the Dome Light options and especially the Invisible checkbox?
        If it's marked and the light is set as invisible, the HDRI won't show as a background (but it will be seen in reflections), see the example here.

I have noticed that in the Asset preview the background is black, that was the clue.
        Please take a look at the Options > Invisible and contact us back.
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X