Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot delete download chaos cosmos

Hello,

I have a problem with my chaos cosmos browser materials.

For lack of storage space on my computer (Mac) I deleted from my database the folder containing the downloads of the Chaos Cosmos materials downloaded in Vray for Sketchup thinking that I could download them again later.

Returning to Vray for sketchup I see that the materials deleted in my computer's database are still marked as "uploaded" in chaos cosmos, however I cannot import them into sketchup, nor can I delete them via Chaos Cosmos because when I press "deleted" an error message appears "Another program is currently using this asset » even if the material is not used in my file.

So I'm stuck and have no solutions.

Thanks in advance!

Dear fanny_saintgeorge​, hello.

Welcome to Chaos Forums!
    As you have noticed deleting through the Cosmos Browser is the preferred way of work to avoid issues.

I will now transfer your question to the Chaos Cosmos section - where it could be better and sooner answered.
    In general could share that information for the assets is stored not only in the deleted folder, but also in cpkg.db (Package DataBase file) and in Lock folder.
    Best will be to close the host platform, uninstall Chaos Cosmos and check are any folders left in the location previously set from you at . . . > Settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	251
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1166218
    Then install it again and start from scratch. The assets used in your already created scenes could be downloaded via a button in V-Ray Asset Editor.

But let's wait for the Chaos Cosmos colleagues to also share if a better way could be chosen.

Best regards,
    TS​
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X