Some cosmos trees missing leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cosmos trees missing leaves

I downloaded some tree assets into my sketchup model. In particular I'm having an issue with a norway maple. I downloaded it into my model originally, and it worked fine. After coming back into the file and trying to download it along with some other assets, I'm getting an error. Half of the trees import just fine. I've also downloaded 2 types of cherry trees. Some show up with leaves, and others without. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.53.49 AM.png
Views:	310
Size:	5.77 MB
ID:	1178237There is one asset that is importing with no leaves on it. I've deleted that asset, purged, and saved and restarted the model. When I re-download it, the model still comes in without trees.

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you share the full name of the model as in the Cosmos so we can test it on our end? If you can please try to import the model in a new scene and let us know how it goes.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir, Thanks for responding.

I removed the download from my chaos assets, restarted SketchUp and started a new file and am getting the same results. This is happening with several different assets now. I noticed that some trees import without any details as well (see screenshot). They just come in showing a green blob for leaves.

I've also had issues with emission materials, and certain light types. I'm thinking an uninstall and re-install would be best at this point?

I just purchased and downloaded and installed vray yesterday so should have the latest version. I'm not sure where to find that info.

I've saved a SketchUp file with the tree assets if you want to look around in it.

Let me know what you think, Thank you,

Frank

Sketchup 2023.0.366
      Mac OSX 13.2.1
      RAM: 128 GB
      Processor: 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
      Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Attached Files
      Last edited by frank_brown; 19-04-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

As an update, I did a complete re-install, dragged old folders to the trash and re-installed. I'm still getting the trees import without leaves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello frank_brown,
          As I have already shared in your ticket you have to enable the High-quality Cosmos Assets option in Vision under Quality Tab.

Here is a description of this option:
          High quality Cosmos Assets – Displays a high quality version of each Cosmos asset close to the camera. Cosmos assets have multiple levels of detail and by default Vision loads lighter meshes for increased performance. When this option is enabled the highest level is used when the camera is close to the object. Note that enabling this option might have a major impact on performance and loading time depending on the assets used. The scene is automatically reloaded when the option is changed which might take a while depending on the project's complexity.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vision_HQ_Cosmos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	1178827
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X