No announcement yet.

Adding custom assets to browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and please consider it for Maya, as far as I'm aware there isn't one that's much use, except for Slib Browser Pro, but that guy has gone dark, no response at all so presumably thats dead, meaning all the time spent making a library is pretty much wasted.

To rely on individuals for plugins like this is always pretty risky, so having a company like Chaosgroup, who can assure continued support, develop Cosmos into a full blown manager would be awesome.
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

+1 for this

Comment

Even if we could have a separate cosmos button to open up a blank Cosmos template for client or personal projects. Used to use SLiB Browser but this is no longer supported.

Comment

yeah, its the problem relying on individuals to keep supporting their plugins...it would have been nice tho if the Slib guy let people know though.
          e: info@adriandenne.com
          w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

yes please... great idea!

Comment

Agree with this idea.
              Save custom content with custom categories will be more than appreciated.

And please, don't do it as that content become dipendent from Vray.
              I mean that obviously if someone don't renew Vray license is unable to open the browser and render it but the referenced 3d file still be available to use indipendently from Vray.

Comment

At the moment we are also using the connector. But of course it would be a blessing if all assets were collected in one simple browser. To refinance the whole thing, I think it would be great if you could buy new assets directly from the partners in Chaos Cosmos, which would be ready2go for VRay5. Designconnected, for example, offers a subscription model that would be ingenious for this.

Comment

+1, definitely welcomed.

Comment

I'd also like to see this in Cosmos, just wondering when we might see this implemented.

Comment

I agree this would stop doubling up using other programs to import assets hope this is something that Chaos will seriously consider including in Vray soon as Vray 6 is great how great would this make the software thanks for all who think the same

Comment

Just came here to check if this is possible. I know it is a bit tricky.

For example, for sketchup, we have a plugin that we can add custom models in sketchup file, and a rendered thumbnail next to it. In the plugin, the rendered option is shown, and when clicked, it imports the whole model. Would be awesome to have a feature like this. I know there is a problem, since cosmos is multyplatfom.

Comment

Hey guys, this would be awesome! Since cosmos is really fast.

A suggestion how to do it, we already have something set up. We use sketchup, and have quite a large library of sketchup models ready to go. But most of them have vrscenes in it, or something similar. Anyways it is not rendered. So we place a renderd image in the same folder with the same name, and THAT acts like a thumbnail. (you have an attachment).
                          We already use component finder, but it is really slow to use.

Component finder automatically replaces the default thumbnail with what ever image there is with the same name.

I think that would be a great thing to do? Combined with the cosmos speed, would be awesome.

One more thing that would be a must, it HAS to be able to recognize folder structure. The same way that custom texture folders do.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot I already responded to this topic.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone,

is it possible to use the chaos cosmos bowser to navigate and import even our in house built vray materials, 3d assets, lights?

It would be fantastic and a great plus for our small company!

Thank you​

Comment

Custom asset import would be amazing
                              My website with free maxscripts and tutorials |

Comment

Working...
                              X