Chaos Cosmos for Houdini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos for Houdini

Users are interested when Chaos Cosmos will be available for Houdini.
    If you are one of them - please express your desire here and share with us how this will improve your workflow.

Counting is ON.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Hello,

I would love it, and my colleague is interested too.

For me as a product designer, my workflow is to build most of the product in Rhino, and then export it to Houdini for rendering and animation. Putting products in context, in interior spaces is really important, and having a library like Cosmos would be a massive help.

Ash

Comment

Hey, yes that would be very nice.
      Thx
      Last edited by tobias_lohf; 10-03-2021, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Yep, I left both Max and Maya because of the developer politics full of inconsistencies, bugs and lazy development.
        Houdini is superior in those respect but some kind of this type of library is badly needed when you need to quickly populate a scene with some generic stuff.
        Is it possible to access Cosmos library also "outside" the program?

Comment

Excuse me messing about this again ..] But is there a chance we will see Cosmos in Houdini next three months?

Comment

Hi woytha,
            We do not have immediate plans to add Cosmos support for Houdini in the next 3 months due to other pressing priorities.
            I escalated your request to the V-Ray for Houdini team and they will make sure to consider it when planning next iterations.

Regards,
            Kalina Maneva
            Product Manager
            Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hello again,

Chaos Cosmos is now available in latest nightly builds of V-Ray 5 for Houdini, which could be found here.
              If you are experiencing difficulties of accessing the folder or you are seeing just the stable folder, please submit a request to our Customer Excellence team from here, choose Login and profile management under Request type and mention this thread in the description.

One more detail to share, be aware that if you do not have other V-Ray integrations where Cosmos is already available and you choose to use .zip builds instead of .exe, Chaos Cosmos should be installed separately.
              Please find more information in the already published docs about V-Ray for Cinema 4D and V-Ray for Maya, because the situation is similar. It will be also available at V-Ray for Houdini docs after the official release.

Using the .exe builds will install Chaos Cosmos together with V-Ray for Houdini right away.

If you want to share your Cosmos experience or discuss possible issues, please use V-Ray for Houdini forum sections.

Happy testing and be cheerful with Cosmos & V-Ray for Houdini!
              Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
              3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X