Use existing texture option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use existing texture option

Is there any chance of adding this option.
    I have a forest of trees and shrubs but all using their own shaders is it possible to have the option to use existing textures which have already been imported on first proxy import.

Cheers

Hi, thanks for posting. Can you explain your workflow a bit further. You have imported Cosmos assets, modified them in the scene ad you want to reimport them at a later stage but without materials/textures?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi there.
      Simply importing the same cosmos asset more than once imports it's attached shaders filling up the hypershade. it would be good to be able to have a checkbox to say use existing shaders if they exist in the hypershade already.
      If I do a special duplicate it still duplicate the shaders and when theres 100s of plant assets in the scene the hypershade gets a little busy to say the least. "Re-use existing shaders" would streamline the amount of shaders being created.

Comment

Hi stezza,
        Thanks for suggesting this improvement. I added it to our backlog with future improvements (COS-66) and we will consider it.

Best,
        - Kalina
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Thanks Kalina, awesome!

Comment

Working...
          X