reset/fit to window hotkey in 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reset/fit to window hotkey in 2.1

After updating to 2.1 I find that the "reset/fit to window"-hotkey has moved from "5" to the "clear" key. Could you guide me to where the clear key is on a (german) pc keyboard.

Thanks,

Ronny

PS: "5" seems to do nothing now, so I wonder why change this in the first place.

Came here for the same question on a US keyboard actually. It says Num+Clear. I don't know what key combination that's supposed to be on a regular keyboard, and right now I'm on a smaller laptop that doesn't have the traditional numberpad layout anyhow. Honestly I would like the 'fit to window' to be a preference that sticks across sessions anyhow, because it's the first thing I do everytime I open a new sequence from Deadline Monitor to preview our frames.
    | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

I'm embarrassed to admit it took me this long to figure it out - but finally discovered that the key that is being referenced in the menu as "Num+Clear" is the 5 key on the numberpad. The + indicator to me would mean it is a multi key hotkey, so I was trying to press NumLock and some variation of Delete for 'clear'. It just seems to ahve been remapped from a regular 5 key across the top specifically to the 5 on the numberpad. Still doesn't help me on the laptop keyboard configuration that doesn't have a numberpad though (it doesn't seem to have a 'function' version with secondary key uses either...) Still recommend reverting this change back.
      | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

I'm wondering how 5 on the numpad is Clear.. but anyways (maybe on non-german keyboards) . Changing it back would be great. I do think that making those keys customizable would be even better.

Comment

yolov just in case you missed this

Comment

Hey, thanks for the nudge, ronald_a.
            You can edit the keydefs.txt file that you can find in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Chaos Player\config\keydefs.txt
            and find this line
            Code:
            numpad5        reset_pan_and_zoom
            either replace numpad5 with 5 or just duplicate the line and add a second hotkey 5 to reset_pan_and_zoom (this is the command behind Fit to Window).

It would be nice to be able to customize the hotkeys from the interface, I think I have a note about this somewhere.

I'm not 100% sure why this happened, but it may be linked to one of the changes where we had to fix a few things related to hotkeys and QT, since other hotkeys had stopped working.

Hope that helps.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X