Sketchup animation and Vray. Creating a video is unbearably slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup animation and Vray. Creating a video is unbearably slow

Using Sketchup 2022 and the latest Vray version. I'm using a Mac studio computer with an M1 Ultra chip and 64 GB of RAM. I'm testing Chaos Player before purchasing. I'm working on a sketchup file with 12 scenes. Resolution set to 1500x800. Started the video at 7:30 last night and it's only 1/3 the way through at 12:30 PM. My question is... Is there a way to speed up this process of creating a video? It's torture waiting for it to finish.

Hi there,

You mean you've started exporting to video and it's taking that long? We're talking about exporting to video, right?
    If yes - then this is not normal, we'll have to look into this.
    We don't support M1 machines natively yet, so I'm guessing that Player is running through some sort of x86 emulation, I'll have to check if there's performance hits in this case, but in any case it would be best for Player to natively support M1 machines.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi. I might not have been clear. It’s not the player which does play the video. I haven’t tried exporting it yet to mp4 or any other player. It’s brutally slow when Vray is rendering all the scenes.
      I apologize if I put my question in the wrong forum group.

Comment

Is the problem that rendering with V-Ray is slow? Or is Player slow when playing back the animation?
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

The Vray animation rendering is slow. So slow in fact that i may never be able to create a rendered video with Player unless I let it run for 24 or more hours.I just don’t know if there’s a way to speed it up. It’s not a huge file. It’s a small studio apartment project
          Last edited by dreamspace; 22-04-2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Player will create the video quickly after rendering is done, you don't need to do both at the same time.
            V-Ray related questions are best asked on the V-Ray forums. I can move the topic to the sketchup forums if you want me to?
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X