Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best method to - export what you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best method to - export what you see?

I can't figure out how to "export what I see" in Chaos Player. I have a program that's fine with alpha masks but doesn't like luma masks. I have a render pass that's Green and Black instead of White and Black. In Chaos Player, I can choose the Green channel in 'Source' and see exactly what I need, a White and Black image. But everything I try to write the sequence out I still get Green and Black. What am I missing? How can I export out what "I see?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
    -----------------------------------------
    Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Hi, thanks for posting. The export composition frame command should work in your case.
    Export Composition Frame – Saves the part of the composition that is currently visible in the mask as an image in one of the five supported file formats. All transformations and color corrections are applied.​
    This is the docs page that I took this quote from - https://docs.chaos.com/display/PLAYER/File+Menu

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Vladimir, I saw that as well before I posted, however it doen't function properly. I must be missing some other setting I guess. I assumed that "if I saw it" and then used 'Export Composition Frame" I'd get what I see. But I don't. I'll go back and experiment more. At least I know it should be possible.
      V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD

Comment

Ok, in case this helps others. I uninstalled CP and reinstalled it. Something must have goe arwy along the way but it functions as expected now. I should have reinstalled before posting. All good now.

Comment

Working...
        X