Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export mp4

Dear Chaos team
    Chaos Player is a brilliant complementary tool while working in archviz film making.
    One issue is the following,
    When exporting from player as mp4 the exported video plays great, but as soon as you import this sequence into premiere to include it in one bigger composition, and then you export H264 mp4 format, the video breaks pixels strongly and result is very bad quality.
    This has happened many times.
    One solution I found is to export from chaos player wmv, or jpg sequence and then import in premiere. then when export from premiere result is great.
    If you can try to replicate this issue and solve will be great, cause I think mp4 format from chaos player should be working good.

That sounds odd.
    Can you get me some samples? For example - if you can get me the mp4 exported from Chaos Player and the mp4 exported from Premiere so we can compare them and hopefully figure out what the problem is?
    If you don't feel you should post them here, you can upload them somewhere and give me a link in a private message or send them to our support and include a link to this forum thread.
    You can use this form here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I have also found that the mp4 exported from ChaosPlayer is somehow corrupted. If I run it through Adobe Media Encoder on a basic h264 mp4 preset it fixes it.

Comment

Hey folks,

Can you give it a try with the latest official build https://download.chaos.com/?platform=47&product=66
        I remember we fixed one minor thing about the export at some point.

If there's still issues - if possible - can you send me the export from chaos player + the export from AE or Media Encoder or whatever is correct? We can probably find the culprit by comparing the wrong/right files.
        Feel free to message me privately here on the forums if sharing files publicly if not OK. Alternatively, you can open a ticket with us, mention this thread and either attach the files to our submit form or send a download link: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

I'll send you a PM with example. I've just done a new output test from the latest version and it's the same issue.

Cheers,

Comment

Hello digital_technologies , recent_spaces,

I'm currently working on fixing the issue that you are having, but I simply cant reproduce it (I tried to open a video generated by the player with both premier pro and premier rush, but still it plays correctly and has thumbnail).
            Can you send me the exact images that you used when you posted the about the problem and the steps and settings you use in premiere when exporting to mp4?

Regards,
            Asen Stoilov
            Last edited by yolov; 16-06-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Hi, im not sure if my issue is related.. ive literally just opened chaos player for the first time, downloaded last week. and tested it by opening a 4k png sequence (caching times rather slow compared to multithreaded loading in djv) after scrubbing around a bit, i exported an mp4 at 100% quality.. opened in vlc and playback is awful, it plays the first couple of seconds then stutters and then freezes.

i have a powerful machine with a raid 0 ssd array so playback definitely should not be problem... vlc has never had an issue with mp4s before in my experience.

edit: i tried again at 90% quality and it played back fine... not sure why 100% quality should be problematic.
              Last edited by super gnu; 01-08-2022, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X