I have a few questions about this software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions about this software

I like this software very much, so I have a few questions about this software
    1: Will you consider supporting more color correction functions in the future? For example, the optional color of PS
    2: Consider redeveloping the UI? I think the drop-down menu may be easier to switch than the existing buttons. Take a look at figure 001
    3: It's also about UI design. At present, I feel that his design is not conducive to color correction. It's not like a color correction workbench. It's more like a software that previews animation sequences. I hope to strengthen UI design and color correction function. Maybe he can replace AE to complete color correction.
    4: The function of enhancing color matting is similar to AE's keylight, which can quickly adjust the part of the image through the ID channel. At present, I may not find where this button is? Can you provide instructions? I'd like to know if it's convenient for him.
    5: Openexr with EXR IO support
    It can read all channels in "vrimg" from, which will make the work more convenient and make it more like chaos series software
    Attached Files

I'll try and answer to the best of my abilities:

Originally posted by q976431 View Post
    1: Will you consider supporting more color correction functions in the future? For example, the optional color of PS
    I'm not sure I know the reference. I'm familiar with PS, but I don't think I know what the 'optional color' option is. Can you point me to it?

2: Consider redeveloping the UI? I think the drop-down menu may be easier to switch than the existing buttons.
    Yes, this is definitely in our plans and we plan to do a lot more than just the menus and specific UI elements. We do have a few high-priority things to do first, but we'll get to it.

3: It's also about UI design. At present, I feel that his design is not conducive to color correction. It's not like a color correction workbench. It's more like a software that previews animation sequences. I hope to strengthen UI design and color correction function. Maybe he can replace AE to complete color correction.
    Chaos Player is a sequence player and a basic compositing/editing/correction tool second. While we plan to expand some of the capabilities, fast playback will always remain our top priority. We actually are working on some performance improvements as we speak.

4: The function of enhancing color matting is similar to AE's keylight, which can quickly adjust the part of the image through the ID channel. At present, I may not find where this button is? Can you provide instructions? I'd like to know if it's convenient for him.
    If you mean the color keying options, then here they are:

5: Openexr with EXR IO support
    It can read all channels in "vrimg" from, which will make the work more convenient and make it more like chaos series software
    We do support reading VRIMG with all their channels. Do you mean something else?

Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      I'll try and answer to the best of my abilities:

I'm not sure I know the reference. I'm familiar with PS, but I don't think I know what the 'optional color' option is. Can you point me to it?

My description is wrong. I'm sorry :It is Selective Color

Yes, this is definitely in our plans and we plan to do a lot more than just the menus and specific UI elements. We do have a few high-priority things to do first, but we'll get to it.

OK, I'm looking forward to it

Chaos Player is a sequence player and a basic compositing/editing/correction tool second. While we plan to expand some of the capabilities, fast playback will always remain our top priority. We actually are working on some performance improvements as we speak.

I think the playback preview speed has achieved very good results, but at present, the function of color correction is relatively weak. It is more like a vfb2 of external software

If you mean the color keying options, then here they are:

Thank you. However, my demand may not be to synthesize other materials into the picture. I hope to adjust the brightness of some materials separately through the material ID channel

We do support reading VRIMG with all their channels. Do you mean something else?

Thank you very much. This video gives me a good understanding of how to use this function? Can I switch element channels of different layers by importing this "vrimg" multiple times?

Overall, this is a very efficient tool and I will continue to pay attention. Thank you for your reply

Comment

Can I switch element channels of different layers by importing this "vrimg" multiple times?
        Yes, of course. There's a few simpler ways, actually (I should probably make a video).
        -- you can import a vrimg and 'duplicate the layer' (hotkey is Shift+D), then just switch the image layer on the duplicate (from the "source" panel).
        -- import the vrimg and right-click > expand into layers - this will make as many copies as there are image layers (works for multi-channel exr too).

Overall, this is a very efficient tool and I will continue to pay attention. Thank you for your reply.
        Thanks! Stay tuned, because we'll be putting out updates regularly with new goodies.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X