How do I export my sequence out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I export my sequence out?

Loaded a jpg sequence. Trying to export out but not much luck. I tried the "File> save mask as sequence" option and windows media player or quick time wont play. VLC will open the file but gives this super zoomed in version. Any help here? Cant find any documentation online.

Thanks.

Hey, that's basically it.
    There's two export options, let's call it - saving the layer or the mask. Here's the difference:
    - the mask (or the canvas) will export any compositing and color grading you've done.
    - saving the layer will simply export the layer to another format.

When exporting the mask (in case that's what you need to do) - it's important to set the mask resolution correctly, usually setting it to the layer's resolution is OK. You can right click here (see attachment) and either choose a preset or set it to the same resolution as the layer:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mas_res.png
Views:	279
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1143907

If you simply want the jpg sequence as a video - and you don't need anything you've corrected/graded in the player - then with the layer selected - do save layer as sequence.
    Btw, there's shortcut icons for both actions on the main toolbar here:

Name:	render_icons.png
Views:	269
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1143908
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      Hey, that's basically it.
      There's two export options, let's call it - saving the layer or the mask. Here's the difference:
      - the mask (or the canvas) will export any compositing and color grading you've done.
      - saving the layer will simply export the layer to another format.

When exporting the mask (in case that's what you need to do) - it's important to set the mask resolution correctly, usually setting it to the layer's resolution is OK. You can right click here (see attachment) and either choose a preset or set it to the same resolution as the layer:

Name:	mas_res.png
Views:	279
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1143907

If you simply want the jpg sequence as a video - and you don't need anything you've corrected/graded in the player - then with the layer selected - do save layer as sequence.
      Btw, there's shortcut icons for both actions on the main toolbar here:

Name:	render_icons.png
Views:	269
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1143908
      Thank you for the helpful info! Is there going to be the ability to change the codec for the output etc in the future? Id prefer to use H.264 etc.

Comment

Yes, we plan on working on that at some point, but for now there's bigger priorities.
        Btw, we use exactly H264 right now (there's just no option to choose another codec) - you can inspect the video in VLC or another application and check the codec data.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

ok great! that makes sense. I love the player and its the perfect tool for what I need with animations etc. Looking forward to future updates.

Comment

I've stuck a thread here where I'll regularly post on how development goes. You're welcome to comment and/or use the wishlist section of this forum to request features and improvements.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X