Player CTD after 10 seconds running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player CTD after 10 seconds running

In our air-gapped environment, the Player (v2.10 October) launches and gets a license from our License Server(5.5.2). After 10-ish seconds, the application freezes and then closes. Machines outside our airgap that have VPN can use the player and pull a license from the same license server without any issue. Help!

We attempted to install a prior version, but all download links on your site give us the October release. We have also tried using --enable_cpu_render flag on the shortcut.
    Last edited by alex_simmons; 03-11-2022, 02:30 PM. Reason: More context. Also more information as to what has been tried.

We created a new 6.0.0 License Server and configured the player to connect to it. App still CTD after ~10 seconds. So far, no feedback here. Do I need to submit a ticket elsewhere?

Comment

Does it crash when playing any sequence or some specific one? What file format are you trying to play? Would it still crash if you just open a single image?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi, try checking if your license is ok. You can do that by copying http://localhost:30304 in your browser then clicking on the player icon. After that a field with used licenses should appear.
        Also you have to log in with your account first in the web interface first.

Regards,
        Asen

Comment

It crashes to desktop while idle after launching. No file has been opened. If we open files, it will still crash in approximately the same time.

As stated before, the workstations are in an air-gapped environment. Hence, we are using the License Server. So, via the "Change Chaos Player license settings" utility, we have specified our License Server and port. We can see on our license server that the license is "in use" when the app is launched. In the details, we can see the IP and Hostname of the expected machine. Attached is a screen-shot.

Comment

Can you see if there are crash dumps generated for the player in C:\Users"Your Username"\AppData\Local\CrashDumps and send them to me if there are

Regards,
            Asen

Comment

Certainly. Here's the latest. PHP file limits didn't like raw, so I zipped it. Let me know if you need anything more.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I'm still working on this issue its probably a problem with the telemetry of the player. While I'm trying to figure it out,can you install it again without he option for sharing analytical data and tell me if it persists?

Regards,
                Asen

Comment

I don't see that option in the --help. It isn't available in the GUI installation. What parameter do I pass the installer to omit telemetry/analytics?

Comment

I found it. In the GUI installer... under Advanced. It still crashes at the same interval.

As an aside, we would like to know the parameter to omit telemetry for silent installs.
                    Last edited by alex_simmons; 11-11-2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Hi, again sorry for the late response. I still can't reproduce the error so I created a version with debug symbols. Can you install it and send me the crash dump generated in C:\Users"Your Username"\AppData\Local\CrashDumps​ by it.

Here is a link with this version https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Du...usp=share_link

Comment

While giving it a go with the debug build, here's some info on how to disable telemetry in a silent install: https://docs.chaos.com/display/PLAYE...+and+Uninstall

You need to add <Value Name="SEND_USER_FEEDBACK" DataType="value">0</Value>​ in the xml that is used by the installer.
                        Alex Yolov
                        Product Manager
                        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                        www.chaos.com

Comment

Sorry for the delay. A family crisis occupied my time. Could you re-share that debug build? Google Drive indicates it is trashed now.

Comment

Hi, here is it:
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8V...usp=share_link

Comment

Here you go. I also provided the VC++ exception it threw.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X