Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup time

Hi,

compared to the old PDPlayer the Chaos Player takes considerably longer to open. So if I try to open any picture files it takes a few seconds before Chaos Player opens up while with PDPlayer it instantly opens. I would like to use Chaos Player as my general picture viewer but as it is now it gets a bit annoying always having to wait a few seconds until the software starts up.
    Any way this can be improved?
    Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Hi, we've had this report occasionally, but we've had little luck reproducing it on our end and debugging it.
    If you're up for it - can you try this build? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8V...usp=share_link

If possible - create a windows dump file *WHILE* the slowdown at startup is happening and send the dump file over.
    This will hopefully contain some clues to where the problem lies.
    You just nee to select right click > create dump in the task manager.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image (13) copy.png
Views:	192
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1170909
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi, I installed that version but it's still the same. It takes roughly like 4 seconds to open any picture with Chaos Player and for the dumpfile it doesn't show up in the Apps during the startup so it's not possible to create a Dumpfile WHILE the slowdown happens.

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
        Hey, just click on it when it first appears. Also does this problem also happens when you open an image from the player's menu rather than clicking on image?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image (13) copy.png
Views:	192
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1170909
        Hi, you can find the DumpFile attached.
        When you open the Player it takes like 4 seconds or so. Then once the player is open you can open pictures and they open instantly. It is the Player itself that takes so long time to open, no matter if you double click on a picture that is linked with it or if you just open the Player empty without any picture.
        The older PDPlayer opened instantly, similar like the standard Windows Photo viewer.

Comment

Hi, just click on it when it first appears, you can press the "C" button when you are in the taks manager, it will show you the process with name starting with 'c'. Also does the player open images slowly when you open an image throug the menu (when the player is alredy openend)? Also if you open the player without image does it sstart slow?

Comment

Hi, I answered the question in the post before. Somehow the forum has some hickups recently. Also click on the "DumpFile" in the post to download the dumpfile...

Comment

Any updates on this? I am short of uninstalling it, so just wanted to know if there is any fix for this as for now its too annoying to use unfortunately...

Comment

Hi, the problem is that the new features that we added to the player and the chaos licensing integration are adding to the startup time. I'm working on it currently, but it may take time. I will do anything to fix it in the new update that we are preparing for this month.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info! Then I will keep my fingers crossed and wait for the update!

Comment

Hi, I think that most of the startup time issues have been eliminated. Could you try this new version and tell if there is improvement on your side?
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PVs...usp=share_link

Regards,
                    Asen

Comment

Originally posted by asen_stoilov View Post
                      Hi, I think that most of the startup time issues have been eliminated. Could you try this new version and tell if there is improvement on your side?
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PVs...usp=share_link

Regards,
                      Asen
                      I just tested it quickly and it is much better now and seems to open pretty fast
                      Not quite as fast though as the standard Windows Photo Viewer, but that's probably an unfair comparison as the featureset is different. So Chaos Player takes maybe 1-2 seconds to open and the standard Photo Viewer like 0,5 seconds.
                      Anyway, huge improvement to before, thx a lot!

Comment

I just wanted to update this thread and say that this change is going out with the next release (Update 1.1). It's already available in our stable builds: https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/chaos_player/stable
                        Alex Yolov
                        Product Manager
                        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                        X