Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player update 1 hangs immediately after starting on Windows 10

Hi Support,

we can't start the Chaos Player at all anymore: When we start the player from the windows menu, a white empty window opens and sit there forever. Windows says that the software is not responding.

We checked the license status and reinstalled the software (also the debug version with disabled analytics) several times, but nothing helps.

The same happens when we try to open any image directly from the windows explorer.

Any idea why this is happening?

TIA
    Lars
    Attached Files

Hi, this looks like it could be related to video drivers.
    Have you recently updated your video drivers? Or maybe a Windows update went through that also updated the drivers?
    You can try launching player in CPU mode, which would help verify if that's the case.
    You can do that from a windows command prompt by calling the player executable, followed by the --enable_cpu_render
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_snuA3lKEuf.png
Views:	116
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1171128

Alternatively, you can append --enable_cpu_render to the "Target" field in Player's desktop shortcut (right click the shortcut > Properties)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	explorer_Bzix3190ck.png
Views:	118
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1171129
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

thanks for the answer: Launching in CPU mode works!

I need to ask my colleague if there had been any video driver (NVIDIA) updates recently. But that is likely be the case.

What would be the solution? To downgrade to an older driver?

Lars

Comment

The installed driver is the studio version 526.98 from 16.11.2022.

Comment

Thanks for confirming. We'll need to figure out how we can solve this, I don't really have any other suggestions right now.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Okay. Adding the CPU mode in the properties works fine - even for opening images from windows explorer. So that workaround helps a lot. Thanks.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find the reason soon. Could imagine that this could be an annoying search for the developers!

Comment

Working...
            X