Windows file associations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows file associations

In my experience Chaos Player takes over or resets multiple file associations - for example EXR, PSD etc.

Not only files start asking with which app to open, but also all graphic files suddenly look the same (using the same Player icon).
    File association should be an user option and it should be OFF by default. Can we fix this?

Additionally, updating the Player icon design would be nice. Sorry, but the current icon feels unprofessional and dated.

Hi, thanks for posting. File association is not ON by default. Are you getting your files associated to Chaos Player right after installing it? Try to reinstall it and let us know how it goes.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      I did this on two windows installations. I first install stuff like Adobe CC and irfanview, then run Chaos Player installer.
      In both cases I loose some of the previous associations and see ChaosPlayer icon instead.

Here is a screenshot - the installer takes over .PSD but forgets about .PSB files. So when I re-associate .PSD with Adobe the icon is different.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I've forgot to mention its Windows 11, shouldn't matter, but you never know

Comment

We have logged an improvement issue for the Chaos Player. After it is completed the file associations behaviour will be updated in regard to your feedback.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

vladislav_dunev Today's stable builds should no longer associate .psd files with Player. You can grab a build from here: https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/chaos_...table/20230316
            The same change will be added to the next release, planned in the following weeks.

The inconvenient part will be that we can't reutrn the old association, so you'll have to manually let windows know you want photoshop to open .psd files at least once.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you, yolov!

Comment

Working...
              X