Output composited layers to mp4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output composited layers to mp4

At the moment it only seems possible to output one layer to mp4 at a time. It would be amazing to be able to do a simple comp and output the end result straight to an mp4.

I've just found that "Save Mask as Sequence" does what I need. Weird naming there though? Wouldn't it be clearer if it was "Export composited sequence..." or similar?

Also related to this, the mp4 it seems to write is somehow corrupted and doesn't want to open here on any media players. If I push it through Adobe Media Encoder and reoutput it as a simple mp4 again it works fine.

Comment

Hey, sorry for the late reply.
      Yes, you need to save the 'mask'. Point taken, we'll rename it to 'export composition' or 'render composition' or something similar. I'm open to ideas.

What you're experiencing with the mp4 encoding was reported by another user and we're looking into it.
      It's really weird, because (of course) it doesn't happen on our end.
      If it's not a problem - I may contact you in case you can provide sample files that work and that don't so we can take a look at the differences.

Btw, if you're using the latest build, can you give it a try with an older one? We have a release in January (older) and one in April (latest)
      https://download.chaos.com/?platform=47&product=66
      You can disable the filter for the latest builds by clicking "show all versions"
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X