X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Lavina beta v0.3.0 released

Dear beta testers,

Project Lavina beta has an update - v0.3.0

This update adds new functionality and improves user experience. The highlights are:
    • Added support for instanced lights
    • Added the V-Ray Sun and Sky models
    • Added adaptive sampling with noise threshold
    • Improved visual parity with V-Ray
    • Improved UX:
      • New color picker with interactive updates, color temperature and color presets
      • Selecting a light focuses it in the light lister
    • (Experimental) Introduced camera animation editor

Full change log can be found here.

Thank you and stay safe!
    The Project Lavina Team

Originally posted by s.balabanov View Post
    Dear beta testers,

Project Lavina beta has an update - v0.3.0

This update adds new functionality and improves user experience. The highlights are:
    • Added support for instanced lights
    • Added the V-Ray Sun and Sky models
    • Added adaptive sampling with noise threshold
    • Improved visual parity with V-Ray
    • Improved UX:
      • New color picker with interactive updates, color temperature and color presets
      • Selecting a light focuses it in the light lister
    • (Experimental) Introduced camera animation editor

Full change log can be found here.

Thank you and stay safe!
    The Project Lavina Team

Nice improvements!
    Sadly enough we've noticed that the animation export from the vray sun isn't working anymore. In the past this was working and we've used it to animate the sun.
    Is this a quick fix?

Comment

Originally posted by VR-studio View Post

Nice improvements!
      Sadly enough we've noticed that the animation export from the vray sun isn't working anymore. In the past this was working and we've used it to animate the sun.
      Is this a quick fix?
      I will take a look. I must have broken something when adding the Sun/Sky support. Other animated lights, like rectangle lights, seem to be working.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I am having an issue when launching. I am using the latest nvidia studio drivers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Anotação 2020-06-26 115906.png Views:	0 Size:	3.6 KB ID:	1076228

In the lower paragraph it says in portuguese "Insufficient memory resources available to complete the operation"
        In the old beta I had no issues.

Just an update.
        After clicking several times in "Ok" it finally launches. When opening a scene the same warning appears, and after clicking "ok" several times again, it opens the scene.
        Last edited by maruyama.edson; 26-06-2020, 08:10 AM.
        Edson Maruyama
        Architect

Comment

I am having an issue when launching. I am using the latest nvidia studio drivers.
          Can you tell us what's your GPU ?

It might be better to start separate threads for each issue, even if it is a regression related to this latest version we have released.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

Can you tell us what's your GPU ?

It might be better to start separate threads for each issue, even if it is a regression related to this latest version we have released.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Sure, it is a RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB.

Thanks, and sorry for the mess!
            Edson Maruyama
            Architect

Comment

Originally posted by VR-studio View Post

Nice improvements!
              Is this a quick fix?
              So, I've fixed this regression in our internal builds.

We will update the build, most likely on Monday, possibly with some other fixes as well.
              Stay tuned for a message here that the build has been updated.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by maruyama.edson View Post

Sure, it is a RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB.

Thanks, and sorry for the mess!
                Can you please tell me what happens when you enable noise threshold.
                Just set it to 0.01 for example.
                I suspect there is an issue with the noise update pass, and if that's the case, you should get a real crash when you enable it.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you please tell me what happens when you enable noise threshold.
                  Just set it to 0.01 for example.
                  I suspect there is an issue with the noise update pass, and if that's the case, you should get a real crash when you enable it.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Yep, instant crash!
                  Edson Maruyama
                  Architect

Comment

Yep, instant crash!
                    Thanks a lot, that helps a lot.
                    We will try to figure out what's going on.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev

Comment

We will update the build, most likely on Monday, possibly with some other fixes as well.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev
                      Nice and very fast! Great work Vladimir and Team Chaos!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Anotação 2020-06-26 115906.png Views:	0 Size:	3.6 KB ID:	1076228

In the lower paragraph it says in portuguese "Insufficient memory resources available to complete the operation"
                        In the old beta I had no issues.

Just an update.
                        After clicking several times in "Ok" it finally launches. When opening a scene the same warning appears, and after clicking "ok" several times again, it opens the scene.
                        Like Phil mentions here : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...er#post1076279

this seems to happen only on the latest nVidia driver.
                        We still don't know if it's something we are doing wrong or if it's a bug in the driver.
                        But you go can go back to driver 446.14 to have it fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we should have tested the latest driver before release and maybe delayed it a bit.

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Please roll back to an earlier driver. NVIDIA has confirmed our report that their latest drive has issues.

- Phil
                          - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

>>we should have tested the latest driver before release and maybe delayed it a bit.

That wouldn't have helped in this case, as previous builds are broken by this driver as well.

- Phil
                            - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

We have updated the build, it is now version 0.3.1 and has the fix for the regression with the animated sun.

Greetings,
                              Vladimir Nedev

Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 01-07-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X