Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VR inside Vantage

Hi,

Is it possible to view VR stills with a VR headset in the Vantage application ?

Thanks !

Hi, Pixelo

Currently Chaos Vantage doesn't support HMD devices. However you can export 360 Spherical Panorama(single and stereo) and 6x1 Cube Panorama(single and stereo) which you can view in an external app. You can check the docs on available options for export here: HQ Rendering.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Wird es in zukunft möglich sein eine vr Brille zu Benutzen?

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your answer.
        Is this planned in the future ? I think it would be great !

Pixelo

Comment

Yes, support for HMD devices is in our TO DO list but cannot give you an ETA on that. Will keep you posted when there is some development in the matter.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hey

Are there any infos about when HMD support will be integrated?
            Would be highly appreciated! I have been waiting for this for a very long time

Also multipass render output would be big plus!

Thanx

Comment

Hi

HMD is on our TODO-list / wishlist, but I'm not sure when we'll get to it. Are you asking about viewing static, already rendered images or about looking around and moving in the scene in real-time? The former would be only a minor improvement by avoiding the need to open the rendered image in an external viewer app (i.e. you can use an external app now)? The latter presents much greater technical challenges because of speed requirements.

If by multipass render output you mean compositing render elements - it should be available this summer.
              Nikola Goranov
              Chaos Developer

Comment

Are you asking about viewing static, already rendered images or about looking around and moving in the scene in real-time?
                I'm looking for moving around in the scene in real time. For example like in Twinmotion.
                My pipeline is Archicad -> Cinema4d vray -> Vantage. Continuing to use these scenes for Virtual Reality would be ideal.
                Other ways are time-consuming. 3d models must be converted for further processing (e.g. for Unity / Unreal).
                The export/import from Cinema4d Vray to Unreal does not work without problems (materials are missing).
                Therefore, it would be very helpful if HMD support were available for Vantage.

If by multipass render output you mean compositing render elements - it should be available this summer.
                Yes i mean render elements. Great to hear that this feature will be available sometime in the summer.

Comment

I second this request, if thats ok, It would be fantastic for client to be able to move in realtime around a model.

Comment

Hello chaos vantage team, are there some news for vantage support to a HMD like the quest3? Moving around in VR in a vantage scene and to export a standalone file for a customer. It would be great to have this feature like it is possible in Enscape or Twinmotion. It would be also great, if vantage can export a spherical stereo video as a ready mp4 file format to play it in a vr player. I exported a video as pngs and combine them together to a mp4 side by side, but i get errors in every vr player... is there a guide how to combine them? Thank you! Best regards, Oleg Kauz

Comment

Working...
                    X